Match Thread Everton v Watford, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So after the training session fume that was the Palace match it's time for the real deal - the powerhouse that is Watford. Or, we could have a Calvert-Lewin hat-trick in the first half-hour and dreams of a push to Europa League qualification are rekindled once again. The tension is palpable.

Watford, famous for faux outrages, ideas above their station, a junction and a gap. A weird place as may be explained by the fact that when The Exorcist was first shown, protestors picketing the cinema claimed that, ' it would effect young people with demon power.'

The only useful thing Watford has ever done is to kickstart Howard's revolution, (we'll see on Silva).

I was going to leave it with a joke, but this will suffice

Next time leave the vote open to public view.

I want to see who all the negative ninnies are.

In case we want to make an attacking change on either side (or injuries), in a match in which we are dominating the ball and the space is on the outside or a bit deeper.

If a centre half gets injured we drop Gbamin back and bring on Davies.

If Digne got injured and we didn't have Baines on the bench, we have no other option.

But Gomes won’t play so Davies and Gbamin will likely start. Sidibe can play either side. You need a centre half on the bench especially since the only midfielder that can possibly do it is new and extremely rusty.

But Gomes won’t play so Davies and Gbamin will likely start. Sidibe can play either side. You need a centre half on the bench especially since the only midfielder that can possibly do it is new and extremely rusty.

If Sidibe can play left back also then fair enough.

If everyones fit I would go:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gbamin Delph
Gomes

Richarlison Kean Iwobi

Drop Siggurdsson and go 4-3-3 see if Gomes can operate in the hole.

Get Iwobi and Kean in for sterile Bernard and DCL

2-1 Everton.

I’m going to this one, I can’t wait to see the rubber snakes.

Because I’m going the game will be mindnumbingly boring so I’d advise against joining me there.

Pickford
Coleman Keane Mina Digne
Delph Gbamin Iwobi
Richarlison Kean Bernard

Tempted to put Siggs instead of Bernard
Assumption is that Delph is fit. Would play Davies if not.

If you go 4-3-3 there is no “hole”. If there was a “hole” that’s back to the 4-2-3-1 we’re set up as.

Typically though in any variation of a 3 man midfield, you have a holder, a box to box man and one who supports the attackers.

So I think he’s just saying he’d like to see Gomes as the one operating a bit higher up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.