Confirmed Signing Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good mate. Arsenal season ticket holder. Who by the way flew from ireland to london every second weekend for last 20 years ( surely means something!! ) says this lad is 100% honest. 100% effort but didnt develop last 2 years. However he could and if he did would be a top player. Time will tell. Iwobi is a blue now and so he will get my support now and in the future if he gives 100% effort. Lets hope he pushes bernard amd richie for a place

Ignore everything your mate has said, some Arsenal fan has come on here and posted that he's a quality player and has developed massively the past 3 seasons.

I'm gonna believe the Arsenal fan on here and i want you to flip on your mate and tell him to support another club

It’s funny how many of your supporters are glad to see the back of him. Homegrown player having come through your academy, great work ethic and works hard for the team. You’d think your support would recognise this like you. I’m hoping your loss is very much our gain.
I think thats the reason. If he came from our academy and isn't Messieque then our fans aren't quick to give a player time or really rate them when they're making progress. Guaranteed if Iwobi played in the French, Spanish or German league and had the same sort of output and style of play for another team, our fans would be excited about buying such a player.

A lot of fans also still see him as he was three years ago where he was really raw. This coupled with being a Wenger favourite probably helped people form and keep their low valued opinion of him. He's been making an improvement every year. He'll hit his peak by 25/26 if he continues at this rate I reckon.

Ignore everything your mate has said, some Arsenal fan has come on here and posted that he's a quality player and has developed massively the past 3 seasons.

I'm gonna believe the Arsenal fan on here and i want you to flip on your mate and tell him to support another club

Gonna ring my dope of a mate and tell him where he stands. What a waffler. I just realised been coddin me for years.

I think thats the reason. If he came from our academy and isn't Messieque then our fans aren't quick to give a player time or really rate them when they're making progress. Guaranteed if Iwobi played in the French, Spanish or German league and had the same sort of output and style of play for another team, our fans would be excited about buying such a player.

A lot of fans also still see him as he was three years ago where he was really raw. This coupled with being a Wenger favourite probably helped people form and keep their low valued opinion of him. He's been making an improvement every year. He'll hit his peak by 25/26 if he continues at this rate I reckon.
It's not just your fans. People on here shouting for Lozano or Neres instead when they are both at similar stages of their career but without the PL track record. No guarantee that either would work out better than Iwobi but the unknown is exciting I guess.

Inappropriate Behaviour
If Iwobi is brilliant and I'm wrong, nobody will be happier than me.

I just happen to think there's next to no chance I'm wrong on this one.

What a pompous little cry arse.

I appreciate everyone wants what's best for the club and even understand some frustration about not bringing in a CB but all you've done is sound like an entitled little brat today.

Grow a pair of bollocks you little arsewipe.

Well, he's big, quick and has a few tricks - happy to have him in the squad. I think the problem we had with Lookman is that he wasn't very physical and didn't really press very well - I get the feeling that isn't for Silva - e.g. Richarlison really battles up front.

Lookman would have to be as good near good as Messi to get away with his lack of pressing and diminutive stature, he simply was not, never will be, nowhere the lad flogged to Chelsea and we are not is a position to wait Lookmans possible potential Alex brings more to the team now, not several years time. Good business.

How genuine do we think Marco's comments in that article are? Was he really a key target or do we think there might be a little bit of damage control going on there to soften the backlash from fans eager to see Zaha?

Was he balls a key target!

He was a last minute panic buy. Sad but true!

What a pompous little cry arse.

I appreciate everyone wants what's best for the club and even understand some frustration about not bringing in a CB but all you've done is sound like an entitled little brat today.

Grow a pair of bollocks you little arsewipe.

Yeah sound.

Iwobi is something we've been needing for years. Technical ability with power and pace. What's not to like? The price? Not like it's our money ffs.

Yeah I'm really happy we're starting to show ambition again. I wish we could have signed a decent CB right now though but cant complain with Luiz for the fee. He's better than what we have tbh. Need to see how Holding does when he comes back and if he can crack on from last seasons form.

We're not financially as well of as some of the other teams and I'd even say you have more money to readily spend than us. I am guessing Emery knows its now and never as do the likes of Raul and Edu. They've probably thought the money received could be better put to either balance the books or buy someone i.e. a CB who can help us immediately. I think we might try for someone in Jan. We're also pretty stacked up front and we're not gonna sell either of Lacazette or Auba so that only leaves one position and it makes sense Pepe will occupy that. Iwobi is too good to be used as a rotation player IMO especially after the improvement he's been making every year and he probably realises he needs playing time as a starter to realise his potential.

We're not the Arsenal of old and I dont think we have the luxury of time to wait for players to come good especially with all the money just being spent. We're basically going for broke. I guarantee we would not have sold him if we didnt need the money or we could have moved on Mustafi or Elneny or Ozil. Iwobi did more for us than Ozil and Mkhi imo.

He's very level headed and seemed like he'd be great in the dressing room. Always seemed a happy and positive guy. On the field he'll give it his all but you can see he gets frustrated at himself too easily if he makes a mistake which I honestly think is one of the reasons his decision making can be hit and miss as he's always overthinking what he does when he's at that point. He'll do everything right to get to that point though but you can see he puts the onus too much on himself to ply the perfect pass or score the perfect goal. Our fans did give him a rough time so it's understandable so be patient with him.

I can say though that our fans like to moan but I can easily say most fans will be gutted to lose him.

Excellent that mate. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.