New Everton Stadium Discussion

Your right as always.

Despite being a roadway used for a chunk of match day fans today, it will ruin them.

Heard they're against the investment in transport too.

I agree with you if all that gets done they it would benefit them long term yeah. But remember what city we live in mate, this is Liverpool. The car park to the echo arena burned down I front of international press and they haven't bothered rebuilding it yet. Flyovers get condemned and 2 years later they are still up. NOTHING happens quickly in this city. The residents could well be living there with a stadium and nothing else for 20+ years.

I agree with you if all that gets done they it would benefit them long term yeah. But remember what city we live in mate, this is Liverpool. The car park to the echo arena burned down I front of international press and they haven't bothered rebuilding it yet. Flyovers get condemned and 2 years later they are still up. NOTHING happens quickly in this city. The residents could well be living there with a stadium and nothing else for 20+ years.

Cobbles lad.

@davek & @radiostar outside BMD site next week

I suspect this comment just isn’t edgy enough for this thread, as it doesn’t get into long term fiscal planning, the pros and cons of city residential displacement, or the moral standing of the traveller community, but personally I am quite excited about seeing Everton’s plans for a new stadium on the waterfront tomorrow.

It's looking like a stand out moment in life tbh

Dublin has Croke Park 82k which is in the north inner city and the Aviva 51,700 in the plush Southside suburbs of Dublin 4.

Residents complained a bit but they were both successfully completed.

The only time there were serious complaints was in 2014 when promoters announced announced an additional two Garth Brooks concerts as well as the three agreed by Dublin City Council. Brooks insisted on all or nothing. DCC did not blink and the whole lot were cancelled.

The planning permission only allows 3 concerts per year in addition to the many GAA matches played almost every weekend.

Dublin has Croke Park 82k which is in the north inner city and the Aviva 51,700 in the plush Southside suburbs of Dublin 4.

Residents complained a bit but they were both successfully completed.

The only time there were serious complaints was in 2014 when promoters announced announced an additional two Garth Brooks concerts as well as the three agreed by Dublin City Council. Brooks insisted on all or nothing. DCC did not blink and the whole lot were cancelled.

The planning permission only allows 3 concerts per year in addition to the many GAA matches played almost every weekend.
3 nights of Garth Brooks is more than enough for any country