AS Monaco v Everton (Friday 19 July 17:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
6min highlights on there

Missed the match.. so enjoyed that! That corner to Digne and his shot!!! World class both! Seems a decent day out against a good side. Last year we were losing these.. so hopefully we can build on this with positive momentum for the start of the season..

Extra note.. nice to see Tom getting some good shots off.. I have far from written off the kid.. think some confidence and strong side around him can help him grow...

Had it on in the background as brought my newborn home today, so wasn't really paying much attention.

How were we lads?
drj1NmK.gif

It's all about fitness right now and we do look fit, even compared to Sunday.

Wigan will be another step up as they'll be right up to it and there will be more of a competitive feel, especially with so many of our fans there.

Now the quality really has to start stepping up a notch. We played well in flashes today and that's promising, especially since we're still a fair few players short (both due to late returns and a lack of signings).
What the odd player and manager have said is that the matches are basically for stretching the legs whilst the training being the most important thing is very intense. They are playing the matches rather heavy legged and part of the fitness improvement to be ready for the season. Different levels of fitness for each individual player at the moment. Think we can all say that since the first match against the Sharks we have seen the fitness levels and sharpness slightly increase and by the time the season starts I am sure the understanding between the players will be far more advanced than this time last season. Bodes well but we shall see.

I thought we looked sloppy and slow in possession. I know it's pre season but there were about 7 players involved today that will start against Palace. We desperately need a striker.

My highlight of the game whilst watching on a stream was when either Coleman or Keane could be heard calling one of the Monaco players 'A Prick' when Seamus was fouled late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.