Everton Youth Teams Thread

Silva reportedly likes him, so he's got every chance

The question could also be what happens to the other younger center mids if he gets a chance in the team?

not true, hes way down the pecking order, in last year of contract, currently brain dead and injured.
really needed to seize any opportunities this preseason with both hands but time is running out

not true, hes way down the pecking order, in last year of contract, currently brain dead and injured.
really needed to seize any opportunities this preseason with both hands but time is running out
Not sure I would completely agree with the brain dead analysis, but it did seem very much like a despairing lunge in an effort to try and put himself in the frame with us. I groaned when I saw the tackle as this match was his pre-season highlight if he was to make a go of it here (because of the other midfield options coming back from extended breaks). I would imagine he'll be picked up permanently by a competitive Championship team and hope he makes a go of it there.

Not sure I would completely agree with the brain dead analysis, but it did seem very much like a despairing lunge in an effort to try and put himself in the frame with us. I groaned when I saw the tackle as this match was his pre-season highlight if he was to make a go of it here (because of the other midfield options coming back from extended breaks). I would imagine he'll be picked up permanently by a competitive Championship team and hope he makes a go of it there.

i referred to him as brain dead because of his current circs and i'm sure hes made silly challenges before and injured himself. needs to learn quicker

think he blew his miniscule chance by injuring himself last game
Silva reportedly likes him, so he's got every chance
This really feels like a deja vu of last pre season all over again, when Silva reportedly liked him but then he got injured. It’s hard not to like Williams’s commitment , his energy and occasional flashes of skill...but it’s hard to see him forcing his way into our PL squad and another Championship loan deal beckons. A good measure/ comparison is where he’ll likely end up, probably a mid table club whereas the likes of Dowell go to clubs with promotion ambitions.

This really feels like a deja vu of last pre season all over again, when Silva reportedly liked him but then he got injured. It’s hard not to like Williams’s commitment , his energy and occasional flashes of skill...but it’s hard to see him forcing his way into our PL squad and another Championship loan deal beckons. A good measure/ comparison is where he’ll likely end up, probably a mid table club whereas the likes of Dowell go to clubs with promotion ambitions.

unless he signs a new deal would that not be pointless?

unless he signs a new deal would that not be pointless?
Yeah , I take your point re Williams. Unfortunately Bolton where he was last season are not going to buy him, and I’m not sure Barnsley his previous loan or a new club would take a chance and pay money for him. Hence maybe a loan again to a Championship club.Hard to say.
Edit: just seen Cameron’s post, so maybe Barnsley would take a chance on him.