Everton Youth Teams Thread

....he’s impressed there on loan, so it wouldn’t be the wildest link especially given rumours of Championship clubs rumoured. There’s even been recent Bundesliga links. Be interesting what fee he commended, suspect £3m-£4m.

The fees quoted in the press a couple of weeks ago were just north of £1mil. Could be logical to sell players for small fees like this but with a 50% sell on clause...

If Gibson and Broadhead dont go on loan and play for the first team it means we failed in recruitment.

Thats taking nothing away from the 2 boys, but they possibly need regular game time, not U23 footy.

This doesn't make any sense, if they play for the 1st team it means they're good enough.
Did the RS fail in recruitment when TAA plays nearly every game?
If brewster gets minutes for them this coming season they've failed in recruitment?

Why are you comparing the best RB in the league with our rubbish yoot players?

Gibson is far from rubbish. And the best right back in the league was terrible at defending(still isn't great) but Liverpool actually done this mad thing and gave him games and coached him themselves to make him better.

Gibson is far from rubbish. And the best right back in the league was terrible at defending(still isn't great) but Liverpool actually done this mad thing and gave him games and coached him themselves to make him better.

Im sure Gibson is a good player, but I cant recall any team in the league playing an 18 year old at CB.

If Silva thinks hes good enough, then he will play, personally I think it would benefit him more to go on loan and improve, rather than stay here and be 5th choice CB. My point was that if Gibson is playing games for us, it means the CB we bought is utter rubbish, so we failed in recruitment.

Hopefully the club will be updating the u18 section properly in next few days, seems to be a lot of the scholars announcing their scholarships on twitter today

Hopefully the club will be updating the u18 section properly in next few days, seems to be a lot of the scholars announcing their scholarships on twitter today
Was just thinking the same, we’re quite late with the photo shoot this year. There’s a picture on the OS of three u18s wearing shirts with new Academy sponsor “Fratelli Beratta” on them, I only recognised Tyler Onyango so think the other two are also new Scholars. Maybe they were waiting for the new sponsor shirts to do the pics.

Joe Williams, 22, midfielder

The Liverpool-born midfielder has already made a mark on pre-season with a goal in Everton’s opening friendly against Kariobangi Sharks in Nairobi. He must continue to impress Marco Silva to finally breakthrough at the club he joined aged seven. Williams has spent the past two seasons on loan at Bolton and Barnsley and, having entered the final year of his contract, is attracting offers from the Bundesliga and Championship. Andy Hunter

Decided to post here as not sure where else best to put it