Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t make him any less thought of though. Long term development trumps short term game time a million times over. Rather he plays 40 full games at a good level and learns his craft than makes 20 sub appearances for us where he’s consticted by circumstance.

A year at a top championship club would be perfect for him, would give us a real gauge of how good he is. If he stands out like dogs balls then we know he’s to good for that league and chasing promotion would be very good experience wise for him. It would also increase his value a ton if he stood out in that league and ended up not quite good enough for us. I think he would be a strong championship player in all honesty and I’m unsure if he will make it as a top half prem player, his lack of speed, height , strength is a concern for me. I know players can adapt and become excellent despite their physical disadvantages but it’s a pretty rare occurrence

A year at a top championship club would be perfect for him, would give us a real gauge of how good he is. If he stands out like dogs balls then we know he’s to good for that league and chasing promotion would be very good experience wise for him. It would also increase his value a ton if he stood out in that league and ended up not quite good enough for us. I think he would be a strong championship player in all honesty and I’m unsure if he will make it as a top half prem player, his lack of speed, height , strength is a concern for me. I know players can adapt and become excellent despite their physical disadvantages but it’s a pretty rare occurrence

The few times I saw him at City he was ehhhh fine. not going to end up as the signing of the season defo doesn't look like he'll be a bust either. Every squad needs players like him I guess.

He was one of Villa’s better players when they got relegated and was probably Man city’s worst. Put it this way, always thought Milner was a very good player but Delph was just making up the (domestic player) numbers.

It'll be hard to say until he's actually in our squad and until we know if Gueye is staying or not but I can see him starting more games than people think he will right now. I wouldn't say he is 100% going to be a backup yet.

No you're certainly not alone. He hasn't played a lot which is an issue. I liked him at Villa. I also thought he was very tidy at Left back while at City, but he's not as good as Digne. I like his leadership though, big characters are always welcome.
Didn’t he play more than 20 games last season ? Hardly nit playing much ....

The few times I saw him at City he was ehhhh fine. not going to end up as the signing of the season defo doesn't look like he'll be a bust either. Every squad needs players like him I guess.

Was talking about Tom Davies :) maybe I replied to wrong post

Status
Not open for further replies.