Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be surprised if he doesn’t leave now. I think we’ll miss him but I do wonder if Delph would give us a bit more in possession.
If Gana leaves and delph is his replacement it’s further evidence that the club doesn’t know how to handle fan expectations. From a PR perspective you always make a negative into a positive, not the other way round. Signing someone who fans see as a squad player and then making them a key player makes the perception a negative one, it would be a sign of poor business acumen.

If Gana leaves and delph is his replacement it’s further evidence that the club doesn’t know how to handle fan expectations. From a PR perspective you always make a negative into a positive, not the other way round. Signing someone who fans see as a squad player and then making them a key player makes the perception a negative one, it would be a sign of poor business acumen.
That depends who we spend the Gana money on. If we end up with a spare £30m by trading Gana for Delph then bring in a shiny new striker with it then no one will mind too much.

That depends who we spend the Gana money on. If we end up with a spare £30m by trading Gana for Delph then bring in a shiny new striker with it then no one will mind too much.
Not so sure on that. I think people are expecting a striker regardless, not just if we sell a key player.

I have faith in brands, and I’m aware that we have players on inflated contracts. I’m not daft though. I know that some of the players we want to sell aren’t that bad, and I expect a really good director of football to sell them. In a world where mings costs £20m and dunk £45m I don’t see any excuses for not getting £5-10m for Tosun, McCarthy, and bolasie. Sell them and you don’t need to cash in on your proper assets. If we do need to sell key players then questions need to be asked I think.

Davies captained the side last season.
Clearly well thought of.

Be amazed if he's loaned.
Won’t make him any less thought of though. Long term development trumps short term game time a million times over. Rather he plays 40 full games at a good level and learns his craft than makes 20 sub appearances for us where he’s consticted by circumstance.

Can see Davies going on loan. Schneiderlin And Gomes for one position, Gana And delph for the other. Davies on loan to get some serious game time and Williams or baningime as the back up option.
If Gueye stays, which is probably not happening, he is not the player in midfield fighting for his position.... He is the first name on the teamsheet and has been since virtually the day he arrived.

Not so sure on that. I think people are expecting a striker regardless, not just if we sell a key player.

I have faith in brands, and I’m aware that we have players on inflated contracts. I’m not daft though. I know that some of the players we want to sell aren’t that bad, and I expect a really good director of football to sell them. In a world where mings costs £20m and dunk £45m I don’t see any excuses for not getting £5-10m for Tosun, McCarthy, and bolasie. Sell them and you don’t need to cash in on your proper assets. If we do need to sell key players then questions need to be asked I think.

What if some of them don’t want to leave? Mirallas for example is probably perfectly happy picking up a pay cheque on our bench. McCarthy too. Tosun might think he can still make the team. We can’t just sell players who don’t agree to the move.

Quite a few people who really need to apologise for being so aggressive when telling us that Brands would never sign somebody who went against the (imagined) ‘model’ just a few days ago.

I don’t expect you to do it, but know that you can absolve yourselves by kneeling at my mercy in the next 24 hours. Otherwise I will forever brand you as weirdos, and laugh at everything you post.

Im lost, this is the same model Brands has been using at PSV and that hes said he will continue here...

So the club should sign players in a particular order or the people responsible dont have sound business acumen?

Just wow

Why would we take a fee far lower than players book values when it affects FFP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.