Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good player at a good price and we haven’t done the usual Everton thing of giving an older player a 5 year deal. 3 years suits us and Delph as he has another 2 years at a decent wedge.
What I like about this signing is that we are adding a bit more snide again. At the end of the season we were a good team but the problem with having a soft underbelly remained. Delph will quite happily throw one in on someone, remember him leaving one on DCL last year. I think that Fulham game proved that we do need players who are prepared to mix it and earn the right to play. Delph will help us do that.

Course you did.
I was specifically referring to this post:
It's weird though because I think when he left Villa everyone would have been happy to sign him. He's gone to City and not done a lot wrong and now he's poor? He's still decent, he can cover Gomes, Gana and Digne and we are paying 1/3rd of a Mings. Even though he has no resale value that means nothing on 8 million.
I'm not going to pretend that I haven't been critical of Delph before but I try to talk myself into our signings until they've spent some time actually playing for us so this is what I'm thinking for this one.

Makes me laugh that people fume because he said something nice and positive about the club and fans he's got to play for now, he has to release a statement when he signs and it would go down worse if he said
" well obviously I didn't want to leave the champions of England and one of the best managers in the world, but Everton are willing to pay me stupid money so I'll have to just suck it up and play in front of those moaning urine soaked Evertonians, probably won't win feck all aswell"

Assuming Gueye leaves i wonder will the line up be Siggy in attacking MF with Delph and Gomes behind him? Or will we buy another CM in that case? At the min Delph is better than Schneiderlin and Davies and the other MFs we have don't even get a look in so can't see him being a squad player unless Gueye stays.

Assuming Gueye leaves i wonder will the line up be Siggy in attacking MF with Delph and Gomes behind him? Or will we buy another CM in that case? At the min Delph is better than Schneiderlin and Davies and the other MFs we have don't even get a look in so can't see him being a squad player unless Gueye stays.
Is it possible for us to not do this? I really don't want to.

Is it possible for us to not do this? I really don't want to.
I guess it depends on the player and the clubs finances. Ideally it would be great to keep him and have Delph come in and really push Gueye and Gomes for a starting spot and when necessary would allow us to play 433 with actual good players suited to different roles in the center.

Status
Not open for further replies.