Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you aren't good at yours than it doesn't really matter what the other guys are doing. He needs to be good at his job before worrying about anyone else.
If only life was that linear and that simple.

It's a team sport and I agree the key is that he gets good at his job

Just maybe the experience of playing in another position in a different team in a different league is that bit of learning from experience that pushes him on in his favoured position or improves his overall reading of the game.

You made out that there was no value whatsoever in his loan last year which I think is a flawed assumption.

I've worked in the same organisation for 36 years and had countless roles. I can hand on heart say that I have taken value from the experience of every one of those roles which has taken me to the role I have today.

Go look at the heat maps of where he played at West Brom. It's basically right midfield. He got very little work on the CB skills that he previously lacked. And playing in the second division didn't prepare him for the speed of the Prem any more than he already was. I'm struggling to see how it had any benefit other than not having him ride the bench for half of a season.
Feck the heat maps mate.....load of stats crap

Just maybe the experience of playing in another position in a different team in a different league is that bit of learning from experience that pushes him on in his favoured position or improves his overall reading of the game.

You made out that there was no value whatsoever in his loan last year which I think is a flawed assumption.

I've worked in the same organisation for 36 years and had countless roles. I can hand on heart say that I have taken value from the experience of every one of those roles which has taken me to the role I have today.
It has value absolutely. But it is also not very useful if you can't do your job. It's like if you were working in tax and your firm sent you to school but instead you learned about auditing. You'd understand the auditors job better but if you still can't do tax it doesn't matter much. Learning is learning I agree that there is always value but at some point Holgate needs to learn to be a CB or he will be learning to play for a new club.

Seeing as Newcastle aren’t getting bought by a Sheik, currently have no manager, no strikers, look likely to appoint Steve Bruce as manager and are now reduced to shopping in the Bolasie and McCarthy transfer shop.

I feel that now would be a good time to refresh everyone’s memories as to the musings of @GwladysBlue on the subject of Newcastle overtaking Everton as a club.

He really is a silly billy.

rds0yxfd2dy7ah1ynn3f.png

Yes but can you play right back?

Such a shame that it's not going to happen, eh? I mean, have you even heard of the source before?

It's being reported on 3 websites, but who knows, Bruce had Bolasie for a short time at Villa and apparently tried to get Mccarthy to go to villa as well. I guess he really needs a striker as they have had 3 forwards leave, but I would be quite happy if we managed to get either or both of them away this window

Status
Not open for further replies.