2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably wants the move.

That is unless we improve his contract and then it’s likely he’ll see out the next 3/4 years with us.

Ideally, I’d love another 12 months but it’s probably time he tests himself in the CL. Shame it wasn’t with us....

It'll be one of those transfers I don't actually mind for a key player for us.

He's had 3 great seasons with us and performed well enough to warrant a move to one Europe's bigger clubs. He hasn't moaned, not wormed his way for a move, he's not moving to another club in the premiership. He's 30.

It'll just be one of them for me.

Reports in Italy and France this morning suggest PSG are interested in Matuidi of Juventus.

Here's hoping, eh?

Without being argumentative in this thread...

I cant see why ANYONE would want to keep Gana if they trusted Marcel Brands and Marco Silva ?

Looking at the signings last season and with a 1st team player to replace im pretty confident we will bring in a far superior player to fit the new management direction and style of play.

Every poster seems to rate Gana (as do i) but he has been an incredibly limited player with the ball since we signed him and (like others) only really hit the top level since the 17 day break.

If posters trusted the new management team then they would be confident in us bringing in far superior players (as we have done so far)...

So i assume that those who wouldnt want Gana sold (if we choose to) dont trust the management to effectively replace him?

For me, id sell any of our players as long as Silva/Brands were in agreement...because i think they can bring in better.

Um maybe because we don’t know the plan and would naturally be against selling one of our better players with an unknown who’ll take time to fit in. Time we have spent fitting in Gana and now he’s firing why bother changing it again?

Um maybe because we don’t know the plan and would naturally be against selling one of our better players with an unknown who’ll take time to fit in. Time we have spent fitting in Gana and now he’s firing why bother changing it again?

Were building a squad, will take a couple more seasons to get there...better to have a player in now and up to a top level then than a 32 year old.

He’s under contract. I don’t really get this sympathy for players crying about dream moves.
If you aren’t prepared to be at Everton for 5 years, then don’t sign a 5 year contract.

Were building a squad, will take a couple more seasons to get there...better to have a player in now and up to a top level then than a 32 year old.

We've been saying this for 24 years mate, I don't know how old you are/how long you've supported us but everytime we look to finally be 1 or 2 players away from competing we sell a top player and its back to the drawing board.

At some point we have to say no and keep our best players - get a top striker, RW and RB this window and see where we go and if we still are miles off come the seasons end by all means sell Gana next season if interest is still around and we can fetch a good fee but for now it makes no sense selling one of our key players during the current rebuild following only recently losing Lukaku/Barkley/Stones.

We've been saying this for 24 years mate, I don't know how old you are/how long you've supported us but everytime we look to finally be 1 or 2 players away from competing we sell a top player and its back to the drawing board.

At some point we have to say no and keep our best players - get a top striker, RW and RB this window and see where we go and if we still are miles off come the seasons end by all means sell Gana next season if interest is still around and we can fetch a good fee but for now it makes no sense selling one of our key players during the current rebuild following only recently losing Lukaku/Barkley/Stones.

There wont be a 'good fee' when hes 31. Now is ths last chance to get good money.

Absolutely different to Lukaku/Barkley/Stones, they were young players with high upside...none of which have progressed...

If were rebuilding a team then surely it makes less sense to keep players who are currently highly valued but will be worthless in 2 seasons.

Bettet to sell and reinvest.

There wont be a 'good fee' when hes 31. Now is ths last chance to get good money.

Absolutely different to Lukaku/Barkley/Stones, they were young players with high upside...none of which have progressed...

If were rebuilding a team then surely it makes less sense to keep players who are currently highly valued but will be worthless in 2 seasons.

Why do we need good money Zat?

He was bought for £7m. He's a crucial player for us. We don't need to sell.

Its not about age more so who's available who can do the exact same job to the same or higher standard.

The mistake selling Rom wasn't because he was young - it was because we were not in a position to adequately replace him and we've struggled up top since.

There is simply no player out there who we could afford/attract to replace Gana therefore it makes zero sense selling him imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.