2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 62470

Direct rival....

BBK9.gif

Surely someone has to make an account on that forum to laugh at them?

Surely someone has to make an account on that forum to laugh at them?

Sometimes it is just wrong to poke that much fun at the disadvantaged. :)

Just can't get my head around how the think they are rivals to anyone but Newcastle in the massively overrated and dysfunctional categories.

When asked about the Parisians' interest, Gueye told Sans Limitesnvia Sport Witness : “I am focused on my competition.
“I did not read L’Equipe but they told me about it. I am fully focused on my competition. We’ll have time to talk about it again if it’s still there.
“I can not talk about it here. Once again, I am focused on my competition.”
I can see him going tbh.

Sometimes it is just wrong to poke that much fun at the disadvantaged. :)

Just can't get my head around how the think they are rivals to anyone but Newcastle in the massively overrated and dysfunctional categories.

I have a good mate who is a Villa fan. He is 100% convinced that we give a monkeys that the Villa/Everton fixture is the oldest or most played or sommet one. I keep telling him that we dont care.

He is also convinced that the second biggest derby in the country is Villa/Birmingham. I keep telling him it really isnt.

The point is that we are selling our best player...again. And that it will set us back... again. And that we will win nothing and finish mid table... again.

Dress it up however you want, tell yourself it's an inevitability. Or that it makes sense because he is about to turn 30, just before we replace him with Delph who is also about to turn 30.

Whatever you do to try and make yourself feel better about it, it's going to set us back, and all this talk about capitalising on the deterioration of Arsenal and United etc will be for nothing.

We will be competing with Wolves, and hoping for a good cup run!

Let’s be clear, I don’t want us to sell Gana. And, he’s still with us and no bid has been accepted. My point was you said other teams had delayed or hung on to players....isn’t that exactly what we did and are doing this far? Or have we sold him?

He stepped it up massively after PSGs interest in January. If we deny him his dream move for a second time we get completely disinterested Gueye who is an average defensive midfielder with limited passing range.

If he stepped it up massively why is it a foregone conclusion that second time around he’ll down tools? That’s just conjecture with no foundation. And, if he’s an average defensive midfielder why does the richest Club on the planet apparently want him?
The lad is a class act at what he does....and he showed absolute professionalism by not sulking. I expect he’d do exactly the same if there’s a repeat.

He probably wants the move.

That is unless we improve his contract and then it’s likely he’ll see out the next 3/4 years with us.

Ideally, I’d love another 12 months but it’s probably time he tests himself in the CL. Shame it wasn’t with us....

If he stepped it up massively why is it a foregone conclusion that second time around he’ll down tools? That’s just conjecture with no foundation. And, if he’s an average defensive midfielder why does the richest Club on the planet apparently want him?
The lad is a class act at what he does....and he showed absolute professionalism by not sulking. I expect he’d do exactly the same if there’s a repeat.

The same club that brought Chupo Moting?

Status
Not open for further replies.