2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take away the Everton bias - rudiger is a fantastic centre back. He’s better than zouma and any other centre backs we have.
But it’s not Everton bias? Even Zouma’s Chelsea performances in the title winning Mourinho season were better than any of their current CBs are capable of

Having a look at Chelsea’s squad it’s pretty thin considering they have champions league. Long term injuries to CHO and RLC and Higuain and Kovacic returning to parent clubs. Doesn’t look great for them. Looking at their defenders when you consider their 4th choice Cahill has left. I think that Zouma slots into 3rd choice CB competing with Zapacosta. Rudiger and Luiz as first choice.

Lost cause IMO he has made a lot of noise about wanting to make it at Chelsea and this season is definitely his chance

Having a look at Chelsea’s squad it’s pretty thin considering they have champions league. Long term injuries to CHO and RLC and Higuain and Kovacic returning to parent clubs. Doesn’t look great for them. Looking at their defenders when you consider their 4th choice Cahill has left. I think that Zouma slots into 3rd choice CB competing with Zapacosta. Rudiger and Luiz as first choice.

Lost cause IMO he has made a lot of noise about wanting to make it at Chelsea and this season is definitely his chance

Chelsea's squad is pretty thin ? Read somewhere that they have forty odd players out on loan.

I get that but why does the ban allow them to sell Hazard but not Zouma, I'd argue Hazard is a lot harder to replace

They've just released Cahill as well. Which leaves them with luiz, rudiger and Christensen who are their only recognised cb's.

For what it's worth I doubt this will happen now with lampard coming in. Zouma was part of the 4th best defence in the leauge last season and only a fool would a) ignore that and b) leave themselves with only 3 recognised cb's with European competitions to play as well.

They've just released Cahill as well. Which leaves them with luiz, rudiger and Christensen who are their only recognised cb's.

For what it's worth I doubt this will happen now with lampard coming in. Zouma was part of the 4th best defence in the leauge last season and only a fool would a) ignore that and b) leave themselves with only 3 recognised cb's with European competitions to play as well.

I view it that he has to re-establish himself at a club with an unproven manager, and that has just lost it's only true world star.

He will be aware of our ambition, and with the right sort of additions, I could see us asking him again if he wants to sign here permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.