2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have Luiz Rudiger and Christensen who were all ahead of Zouma under Conte and Sarri. Suppose it depends how Lampard rates Zouma but can’t imagine he’ll want to be 4th choice.

I am sure marcel has options .
However chelsea have broken a long standing rule of theirs by giving Luiz a 2 year contract.
Alongside Rudiger that seems to be the preferred starting pairing,
Throw in Christensen and Ampadu and thats 4 possibly ahead of Zouma
If thats their options Zouma will be their best centre half.....by a distance too.

So I'm reading they won't sell because of the transfer ban and yet they've just sold Hazard, I'm confused.

Hazard's Chelsea contract was up at the end of next season so they had to either sell him now for 100 mil + or risk losing him for nothing next year

Hazard's Chelsea contract was up at the end of next season so they had to either sell him now for 100 mil + or risk losing him for nothing next year

I get that but why does the ban allow them to sell Hazard but not Zouma, I'd argue Hazard is a lot harder to replace

I get that but why does the ban allow them to sell Hazard but not Zouma, I'd argue Hazard is a lot harder to replace

Agreed he would be harder to replace but 100 million is too much to miss out on.

Whereas with Zouma they can keep him until either they think he is good enough to start for them long term or their ban is lifted and they can buy someone to replace him.

Not sure how long Zouma has left on his contract there but they would still get a decent fee if they kept him until the ban was lifted provided his contract wasn't up by then

Agreed he would be harder to replace but 100 million is too much to miss out on.

Whereas with Zouma they can keep him until either they think he is good enough to start for them long term or their ban is lifted and they can buy someone to replace him.

Not sure how long Zouma has left on his contract there but they would still get a decent fee if they kept him until the ban was lifted provided his contract wasn't up by then
He signed new 6 year contract last year or year before,ive read that they maybe wont sell as they dont want to sell to many players to keep numbers up however many players they have ,nothing to do about wanting to keep zouma but wanting to keep the numbers up,and chelsea fans and one who seems to know his stuff and is usually pretty spot on expect it to be confirmed as Lampard as boss,so wonder would Lampard have effect on zouma as Zouma could easily say he wants to come to everton and he could be one of the few they maybe sell

He signed new 6 year contract last year or year before,ive read that they maybe wont sell as they dont want to sell to many players to keep numbers up however many players they have ,nothing to do about wanting to keep zouma but wanting to keep the numbers up,and chelsea fans and one who seems to know his stuff and is usually pretty spot on expect it to be confirmed as Lampard as boss,so wonder would Lampard have effect on zouma as he could easily say he wants to come to everton and he could be one of the few they maybe sell

Fingers crossed like I'd love us to get him I think we will miss him if he doesnt sign but I'm not so confident it will happen

Fingers crossed like I'd love us to get him I think we will miss him if he doesnt sign but I'm not so confident it will happen
Yep,i hope we somehow still get him,with him in the team i think our defence is more settled and i am less nervous than having mina when the rare time hes fit

Status
Not open for further replies.