New Everton Stadium Discussion

If it was in place, or agreed, then why not announce that?

Why keep it a secret?

This stadium is going to cost half a Billion quid.

We have been told the council would help us secure the financing. That went tits up.

We have since been told nothing about where the funding is coming from other than it won't be out of Moshiri's pocket.

Dan Meis has been drawing pictures the entire time.

Are you actually asking me to put trust in Everton?

Fortress Sports Fund Everton?

Destination Kirkby Everton?

No thanks.

SHOW ME THE MONEY
If my friend needs help I’m always here to help

Or words to that effect

The gap in between Moore fields and Sandhills is huge, it makes perfect sense to add another station there.

Yeah, Huyton to Roby is about half the distance so there's no reason, especially with 10 St and LW, not to build a station in the vicinity.

As for cobbles I walk over covered cobbles every single day in the WHS area, can't see cobbles in a currently private area being an issue.

Yeah, Huyton to Roby is about half the distance so there's no reason, especially with 10 St and LW, not to build a station in the vicinity.

As for cobbles I walk over covered cobbles every single day in the WHS area, can't see cobbles in a currently private area being an issue.

The track, the space, and the demand is there - why are people against this?

2 things there...firstly you can walk.
Secondly it will be a public place.

The walk from town is deceptive, it's over 1.5 miles to the Liver Building and Moorfields and a mile to Sandhills. I'll be walking as I'm relatively fit but clearly it will be too far for some.

The walk from town is deceptive, it's over 1.5 miles to the Liver Building and Moorfields and a mile to Sandhills. I'll be walking as I'm relatively fit but clearly it will be too far for some.
It is a decent hike,but Im sure there is a transport plan in place,the area will soon fill with office space,housing etc

Some people can't walk as far...

Bringing better infrastructure?

Sorry - not seeing a sensible argument here.
There is no sensible argument for it, they cant build a station closer to the ground then the one that is already there, besides people who cant walk very far are going to find Bramley Moore easier to get it then Goodison.
However the main reason there is no sensible argument for it is money, who is going to pay for it, the Council, Everton and Merseyrail all have far more important things to be spending on.

They already run soccer buses from Sandhills.

I know. That's cos it's 1.5 miles to the ground so if there's a need for Sandhills to GP there shouldn't be an expectation for people to walk the same distance and more to BMD.

Whether the buses simply change direction or there's a new station public transport must be a key part of planning.

There is no sensible argument for it, they cant build a station closer to the ground then the one that is already there, besides people who cant walk very far are going to find Bramley Moore easier to get it then Goodison.
However the main reason there is no sensible argument for it is money, who is going to pay for it, the Council, Everton and Merseyrail all have far more important things to be spending on.

There's a line already there - why would you oppose a station being placed there? You're going on about Goodison which did well with the constant traffic and additional busses but this is an opportunity to make our new stadium more accessible?

it would roughly cut down on the demand crowd at sandhills by 50% - there are numerous commercial and property developments being constructed / going to be in the near future -

Investing in infrastructure will increase the potential economical output of the area - businesses will be more willing to place offices their if there's a station near by - I can only see positives.

Golden Circle is where I would think not just us, but the area in general would massively benefit from a station.