New Everton Stadium Discussion

So where's the money coming from to build it? Half a billion is the estimate and since mayor Joe is no longer giving us a Wonga loan it will be interesting to see how we go about.

Also some imaginary Russian billionaire doesn't count.

Merseyrail are also refusing to put on extra trains which is causing friction - the club are secretly furious with them as they do it for the grand national but won't for Everton. As previously mentioned, they are refusing to build a new station.

Also I mentioned the cobbles causing an issue especially over disabled access to the site. They can't get rid of or cover those cobbles apparently.

The grade 2 listed dock is also pushing up the price and time of the build too. The council, after previously being very cooperative are now being funny about the area retaining its world heritage status. The dock walls must stay.

Plenty of work to do as yet.

But the email sent out today is encouraging, to be fair.

This is all false information. The precedent has already been set for interventions within the wall to allow for sufficient pedestrian movement. The cobbles are not an issue in the same manner as they have not been around the prince's dock area. Merseyrail have not 'refused' to build a new station.

They would be very foolish to believe anything this charlatan has to say on any subject.
nobody is saying anything about believing..its a football forum things are passed on and the info is evaluated by those who read it take it or leave it....I have no reason to doubt or believe...can you give us any substantial reasons why you believe this info to be blatant lies and the writer deceitful?

nobody is saying anything about believing..its a football forum things are passed on and the info is evaluated by those who read it take it or leave it....I have no reason to doubt or believe...can you give us any substantial reasons why you believe this info to be blatant lies and the writer deceitful?
Well one reason its all nonsense is Everton is a bit of a closed shop, stuff dosent really leak out to family members like this. The stuff about the station isn't even realistic, in fact Merseyrail have just said they are planning another station at the Pier Head, which will help for the docks, but a lot of the reaction was why there and not in more needed areas in South Liverpool. Also cobbles and disabled access, come on, thats a basic, if we can sort out that new section in the Park End at Goodison we can sort it out at Bramley Moore with ease

I'm sure something will be worked out with merseyrail, will benefit them as well financially I'm sure.

I thought the bit about the dock wall would be a given, I wouldn't want them to touch it as it will be one of the unique parts of having the stadium down there.
Yeah why on earth would merseyrail Not want up to 50,000 customers every other weekend?!

Absolute garbage

Yeah why on earth would merseyrail Not want up to 50,000 customers every other weekend?!

Absolute garbage

Exactly, makes no sense at all. Even if they don’t build another station (which I doubt they will) they absolutely will put extra trains on, its a no brainer.

No, they run buses to Goodison and Anfield but not a chance they will run one to Bramley Moore as its too close.

Its about 500m from an existing station, the nearest place they could build one anyway is on Great Howarth Street and no closer to the ground, its not about the gap between the stations, its about the distance to the ground from an existing one, building a new station just for this cant be an option taken seriously.

Well then your point regarding anfield not having one is irrelevant if there's no train track near it....

Creating another stop would help reduce the massive numbers coming out of Sandhills