Bolton in Crisis(EFC Related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harsh on the staff. Allardyce should be chipping in.
That's never going to happen, a huge part of their problems which led to this chaos was when he signed all those veteran players on crazy wages then they could'nt get rid of them, then of course when he could'nt get more money to spend, he quit.

He is almost every night. Fish and chips, pie and chips, ham egg and chips, gravy on chips. And just to get some of his 5 a day, avocado on chips.

fouad_400x400.jpg

Oh ho, is funny because Samuel Allardyce is overweight, therefore he must eat lots of chips because they are an unhealthy type of food

Oh ho hooooooooo

@Toast you know we can have a club that wins stuff whilst also being charitable at the same time right?

Is paying a weeks worth of wages to the tea ladies at Bolton really going to hinder Brands and Silva's summer foray into the transfer market?
I know mate.
I would actually just like our CEO to go back to being the charity boss and get someone in to look after the club's football interests and get on with sponsorship deals and the stadium etc.
EITC to me is just that. Fully support it. I'm not sure where it stops right now. Bolton Wanderers 300 staff certainly are not in the city. It's more than just the few 'tea ladies' that you mention.
Why not set up a just giving page ?

I’m proud of the club for chipping in to support the Bolton staff.

At the same time I think football in the U.K. needs a wake up call. Personally, I think it’s insane that a player in the 3rd tier can be a full time professional.
I’d like to see a salary cap introduced across the game. Kick out the agents in favour of PFA representation.
Unfortunately, I think we need a few clubs to go bust before we’ll see any change.

I know mate.
I would actually just like our CEO to go back to being the charity boss and get someone in to look after the club's football interests and get on with sponsorship deals and the stadium etc.
EITC to me is just that. Fully support it. I'm not sure where it stops right now. Bolton Wanderers 300 staff certainly are not in the city. It's more than just the few 'tea ladies' that you mention.
Why not set up a just giving page ?

What I think probably is most galling is that the players, like Portsmouth/Sunderland and other clubs in the past after relegation(s) get the chance to go find another club, but as they have got contracts far more than their actual market worth they stay at the club, milking it. This eventually creates this mess where every member of staff and the club itself is at risk. These are the people that should be clubbing together to help Bolton out.

Now I know it isn't solely the players fault and they themselves may have contracts/bills to pay. Not to mention the clubs should also have better release clauses for these eventualities so everyone is aware of what will happen at the start. But I feel they have a reasonable responsibility to find a new club if asked and they can easily find a new place to work where they want to go, that pays at least 80-90% what they are earning at the club in distress.

I don't think the fit & proper persons tests are robust enough in football. Dean Holdsworth (an ex Bolton player himself) has helped to screw them over along with Ken & Lee Anderson (The father & son football agents).

Wherever Dean Holdsworth has been involved Aldershot & Chelmsford City whether that be at board level of team manager the clubs have been on the brink of financial turmoil. Then what do you expect to get out of football agents? They're only there to line their own pockets.

Lee Anderson was previously Mo Besic & Olivier Girouds agent as well as many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.