Old Everton Pictures

We don't say this much now sadly -
victory.jpg

I remember the match and Young's goal. It was in the days when we had The Dynamic Duo (Young and Ball) in tandem. Seem to recall the header was from a corner on the left. Great atmosphere. Night game? And wasn't the Burnley keeper a cousin of Young's?
Young and Ball were a pure delight to see together on the pitch - The GV wore the no 7 jersey.....

A player with the most fantastic name : Cuthbert Tatters. Played a few games 1943-5. He was an amateur and was a nurse in a mental hospital and didn't want to give up his job, leading the club to not offering him a contract. He emigrated to Australia.

D64ID0JXsAA5aCI

I recall Catterick dropping Young and a few others into the ressies (including Vernon I think) for a game at GP -- got an attendance of 28,000!

I recall Catterick dropping Young and a few others into the ressies (including Vernon I think) for a game at GP -- got an attendance of 28,000!
That's one thing the fans cannot do now i.e. vote with their feet as most grounds are sold out in season ticket holders in those days they were in the minority the average fan chose his games paying at the gate choosing his terrace etc not many fans wanted to sit down as most times the seated fans just stood up if the ball came near the goal or area they were sat in ......