2019/20 - Minimum Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimum? Consolidate and, if possible, improve our league position and provide clear signs of assembling a squad and ethos to press on the following season.

The latter is of importance to me. I dont think I've felt we've had a squad strategy for many a year. Not since Moyes, and he struggled at times.

Following on from a chat with @GrandOldTeam and the other staff.

In your opinion, what’s the minimum required for us next season? I would argue 5th.

6th & 7th not good enough due to the sheer stupidity of a season beginning June/July with trips to Eastern Europe.

Is a cup the best way to get European football? If so, I don’t watch that at the expense of league position. I’d then expect a cup AND a decent placing.

I wish the Everton board would state there minimum requirements to the fans so we could have a proper debate.

This is about a minimum acceptable requirement. There are 3 trophies to play for, which are almost always won by top 6 teams. We arenm't there yet, that seems a massive stretch for a minimum acceptable standard for next season

It does not one bit. It’s unacceptable for our fans to pander to the crap that “only the elite can win”. Utter pony

We’ll all say 5th but then once we play a few games that will probably change to 7th as per usual.

We have to have a good cup run imo however.

3RD OR 4TH.

Anything less is a failure, with Chelsea undertaking a transfer ban and Spurs limited spending / bottling.

United are looking awful as well.

Win Premier League
Win League Cup
Win FA Cup

Out of fairy tale land.

Finsh as close to top 6 as possible. Win League Cup. At least semi-final FA Cup.

Progress would be good That can be measured in league position, cup runs, or just playing better football and winning games. As long as next season is better than the one before then we are headed in the right direction (see also - not Michael Keene)

Minimum requirement... finish with 12 more points than we do this season, should be easy enough.

Hoping for.. A strong attempt, even actually breaking into 'the big 6' and good cup runs in both cups.

Status
Not open for further replies.