Match Thread Crystal Palace v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They defended really well tbf. Kept their shape well whenever we had the ball and made it really hard for us.
True mate. We need a completely different approach to games where they park the bus. Hopefully Silva can figure it out by next season.

He's 32 and has a game reliant on pace. Do you think that's a sound investment?
I'd rather get 2 or 3 good seasons out of him than carry on with DCL and Tosun leading the line. I just saw he signed his new contract pre-season so meh. Who else we got to pick from? Salvage Mitrovic?

I think if you lived over here you might be a candidate for shared care. Its what I do at my dialysis unit. I do my own observations, set out the needles, medication,etc on the trolley, and prime my own machine, then just wait for the nurse to come and put the needles in my arm, and connect me to the machine. I can't put my own needles in because they have to go in my right arm, and I'm right handed. I'm sure you can work that one out.
I think if you lived over here you might be a candidate for shared care. Its what I do at my dialysis unit. I do my own observations, set out the needles, medication,etc on the trolley, and prime my own machine, then just wait for the nurse to come and put the needles in my arm, and connect me to the machine. I can't put my own needles in because they have to go in my right arm, and I'm right handed. I'm sure you can work that one out.
You, Steve, since you lost your cat, have been like distant ship smoke on the horizon. Yes, your lips move, but not many hear what you’re saying.
Might I suggest you try using your left hand?
In today’s inclusive world, a little ambidextrousness cant be a bad thing...go for it Steve!!

You, Steve, since you lost your cat, have been like distant ship smoke on the horizon. Yes, your lips move, but not many hear what you’re saying.
Might I suggest you try using your left hand?
In today’s inclusive world, a little ambidextrousness cant be a bad thing...go for it Steve!!

I can take 'em out with my left hand, but I can't put 'em in. Incidentally, what did you think of todays game? Would you swap Richarlison for Lukaku? I wouldn't.

This is my contemplation as well Eggs. Everton has been more than a little ‘basket-cased’ by Fatty Koeman’s and Gormless Walsh’s inept tenure. We are nowhere near ready for Europe and I’m not unhappy that Wolves will have to deal with that encumbrance, rather than us.
Next season though?...No excuses...we need to be competing for some honours again. The damage wrought on the Club by Fatty and Gormless should be diluted by then...

...I think it might take a while to arrest the Walsh era. I doubt it’ll be done this summer, I’ll say 3 seasons.

We need to see further progress next season. As long as we’re moving in the right direction. I thought we were better than Palace today, we now need ‘brilliance’ in the top third to take us to the next level.

We have two good attacking players who when on their game help us be a match for any team in the league but when they go missing we don't have enough quality to score consistently
This is what I see as well. It's why it confuses me when people say we don't need a winger this summer. We really really do. Striker as well obviously.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "I'm pleased to get a point. I thought Everton were good.

"At half-time, I was very disappointed with our performance but we were much better in the second half.

"I must give the players a lot of credit for sticking at their task and showing character.

"But that's football. Sometimes you don't always get what you want and you have to deal with any situation the game throws up.

"Normally, our passing isn't that bad but today it wasn't as good as it should be.

"You always have to give credit to the opposition, but they didn't find the level they found last week. They were much more compact when we had the ball.

"Our centre-backs had a pretty dominant day against their forwards.

"I'm a little disappointed that today, after the euphoria of last week's result, we didn't come here today and put on a splendid show.

"But football gives you those type of games. It wasn't for lack of trying. Defensively, we did all that was asked of us."

If it's your £50m, yes.

Horrific shout.

Yes I agree, terrible shout and crazy figure.

But genuine question, who do you honestly think we could sign that would immediately solve our final 3rd issues next season with no European football on offer?

In no way would Vardy be an "investment for the future", but it would at least plug a hole and help with the 8-10 goals we need from our deflating 0-0s

Status
Not open for further replies.