Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Watford will be on the cool down preparing for the FA Cup final personally. Chelsea away, roll over. West Ham i expect them to drop a fair few points.
Wolves, well they're the same as us, and can't beat the dross, but beat the good teams, will they really get a result from Anfield?
I don't think we'll do it, but i'd like 7th and Watford to win the cup to be honest.

no europe if watford win the cup though

Watford will win the cup AFTER we finish in 7th and the fume on here will be on Collina-esque levels... even from those who didnt want Europe.

We are Everton, this is what happens to us!

The Esk will be on giving his 2-bob financial analysis of lost Europa revenue, someone will say we should target Benteke as no quality striker will join us and we can all drink bleach. lol

No way it’s gone yet. Not with the fixtures coming up. Anything could happen.

No point even predicting the fixtures etc.
Us, Watford, Wolves & Leicester are all in this position on the basis we are all inconsistant.
Any of us could one week beat the Champions elect & the next week roll over to an already relegated side

if we win the next 2 games I think we'll get 7th, got to think as well, with the way Chelsea/arsenal/united have been playing recently spurs COULD have the top 4 sewn up before the end of the season and COULD heavily rest players if they make the UCL final, wouldn't put it past us beating them away if that's the case either

all depends on what everton turns up, if its the one that's turned up for the last few weeks minus Fulham we should win the next 2 games comfortably

I'd like to think we can do it. Depends on the Wovles/Watford game really. I can see Wolves winning that unfortunately. If they do I think it's theirs, if not I think we will sneak in.

If Wolves don't beat Watford then we ought to finish ahead of them. I don't think we'll go to Spurs and win, although they could very well be in the CL final and want to keep their players fit. Obviously Wolves aren't getting any points on the final day.

We need to beat Palace and hope Wolves don't win at the weekend. Then we're a point clear of them with Burnley and Spurs to play, while they have Fulham and Liverpool.

That said, don't rule Watford out yet. If they beat Wolves and we beat Palace then they're 1 point clear of us with Chelsea and West Ham to play.

As it looks like, all three teams ought to win and lose one each from the last two fixtures. Which makes this weekend vitally important. Whoever sits 7th after this round of games ought to wrap it up.

Watford will win the cup AFTER we finish in 7th and the fume on here will be on Collina-esque levels... even from those who didnt want Europe.

We are Everton, this is what happens to us!

The Esk will be on giving his 2-bob financial analysis of lost Europa revenue, someone will say we should target Benteke as no quality striker will join us and we can all drink bleach. lol

Did you see him last night somehow relating us wanting united to win to how evertons commercial matters...

We're in a no-lose situation really. If make into Europe then great. There's a lot of positives that come with it which everyone has already gone over.

If we don't go into it then there's also benefits to that in the big picture. If we're looking to get rid of 20 squad players and bring 6 in then there will be a season of that enormous change needing to settle and gel.

A domestic season playing our best team most weeks and allowing any new players to come in gradually.

Then ideally you qualify for Europe after that rather than overload the new squad with games straight away and decrease much needed time on the training ground at the crucial early stage.

I just hope Everton put as much effort into the last 3 games as you lot have into prediction other results.

Given the total no show at Fulham (to name one of many), I won’t be holding my breath.

If Wolves don't beat Watford then we ought to finish ahead of them. I don't think we'll go to Spurs and win, although they could very well be in the CL final and want to keep their players fit. Obviously Wolves aren't getting any points on the final day.

We need to beat Palace and hope Wolves don't win at the weekend. Then we're a point clear of them with Burnley and Spurs to play, while they have Fulham and Liverpool.

That said, don't rule Watford out yet. If they beat Wolves and we beat Palace then they're 1 point clear of us with Chelsea and West Ham to play.

As it looks like, all three teams ought to win and lose one each from the last two fixtures. Which makes this weekend vitally important. Whoever sits 7th after this round of games ought to wrap it up.

Again, absolutely no pint trying to predict results, we are all very inconsistant by nature, we can all beat anyone on our day, or lose to anyone on our day.
Get as many points as we can and dont worry about what any of the other teams are doing

Again, absolutely no pint trying to predict results, we are all very inconsistant by nature, we can all beat anyone on our day, or lose to anyone on our day.
Get as many points as we can and dont worry about what any of the other teams are doing
That's no fun though.

Imagine a final day scenario where a Wolves win at Analfield would secure the Title for Man city AND give themselves the last Europa place.... i know which way I would go with that but I feel many on here would be hugely conflicted....

Everton: Pts:49 GD:+6
Palace (A)
Burnley (H)
Spurs (A)

Watford: Pts:50 GD0
Wolves (H)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)

Wolves: Pts:51 GD+1
Watford (A)
Fulham (H)
Liverpool (A)