Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much better a quote than that utter self-absorbed @#$% Mourinho...

“We were two points ahead of Everton when I came in. I wasn’t under any illusions that we could win the league or challenge for the top two. The amount of points we have taken is credit to the players. Maybe it has caught up with them. Players will know it has to mean everything to play for this club, like it does to the fans. It is not a surprise when you hear the stats that Everton have run more than us. It is not just about running, it is about decisions, putting your head in where it hurts. It hurts to win football matches. We were far off Everton. They deserve all the credit.”

Fwiw, my ratings from today would be:

Pickford - 7
Coleman - 9
Keane - 8
Zouma - 7
Digne - 9
Gueye - 9.5 (don't do halves normally, but he's my MOTM and you can't have a 10, can you...)
Schneiderlin - 8
Richarlison - 8
Sigurdsson - 9
Bernard - 7
Calvert-Lewin - 8

Got myself home....in fairness to my Mrs three hours later than I’d promised. But despite saying she hates football I reckon she understands more than the national press and media in this country. I’ve read a few reports online and seen the news headlines, apparently we won (again) because who were playing - in this case the self proclaiming biggest football club in the world - never turned up. I’ve seen Ole apologise, I’ve heard Pogba, Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, Martial, De Gea never showed their class. I’ve heard about a crisis since the opposing manager signed a permanent contract. Self pitying, blinkered and missing real facts.

Everton absolutely destroyed Manchester United today. We played at a tempo they could not match, bullied them over the park and the score could have been anything. The last twenty were like watching a pre season in Austria. Forget your apologists about United”s deficiencies.....that is a small part of the story.

Evertons Left side and Right side attacked at will, the midfield was anchored, our centre backs were untroubled and our keeper could have gone on the ale in Sunderland again. It was as dominant a home display you could ever see - the stats lads will tell you that - but no United played poorly. As did West Ham, Arsenal, second half Chelsea, and Liverpool.

To be honest, couldn’t even be bothered what angle the journos throw up. I know what I saw today and that has been long overdue in terms of seeing a performance on the pitch that matches the expectations that the investment has provided. I know where we are, and we lack the consistency the top teams deliver week in week out, but don’t embarrass those who never saw that today by saying it only happened because United were so poor.

The only downside is that it wasn’t six or seven.

Nice to see us making Martial look like the overrated moody Fifa fantoy that he is rather than the Messi-Ronaldo hybrid we usually make him look like

Ghana excellent but Bernard for me. We expect effort and energy but Bernard’s little dummies and skill just made it all look better. Great outlet and kept the rhythm going. Digne also superb.

I don't know who told that host it wasn't dangerous play but he was clearly talking bollocks :

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while
trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player
himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent
from playing the ball for fear of injury.
A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the
referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.
Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the
players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable
with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In the case of physical contact, the
referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also
been committed.

I think there was just enough distance between Richarlison's foot and Dalot's head that it wasn't given but i hardly think its that outrageous to think Dalot pulled out of heading the ball due to Richarlison's foot being that high.

It's all about how rubbish United were, not how good we were. Credit where credit's due. Even if they're off form right now, they're still one of the biggest teams in the league.

Gary Neville can suck my non-existent balls. Ferguson's not in charge anymore, Gary, you lot aren't top dogs. Liverpool, Chelsea, City and Spurs have overtaken you. Suck it up.
Those who watched game will know the true story. There's that at least.

With wins in our next 2 games I can see us securing 7th place with the fixtures Wolves Leicester and Watford have.

Still anything can happen but I’d whole heartedly back a win at Spurs at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.