2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he injured, or did Silva just want to save him from a second yellow?

I think that was the best I've ever seen him in Everton shirt. He really did play with his head, letting Keane challenge with Lukaku and then pouncing on the inevitable poor touch. He was remarkably composed on the ball, too.

Imagine thinking we wouldn't miss him. He's been outstanding. Tbh, just about all season he's been great, but the last 6 games, bar Fulham, he's been unbelievable. Today was his best performance in an Everton shirt imo.

If he goes in the summer, we're gonna be hard pushed replacing him.

Impossible to replace?

We'd have to completely change our system/style. A bit like City with Fernandinho tbh.

It may not be the worst thing in the world, but there's no way we could play the way we do currently if we didn't have him in the side or, at the very least, someone who plays like him. Issue is, they don't exactly grow on trees.

If we lose him now we will change our system entirely i think, which in a way is quite positive because no chance we can replace him like for like

I think he'll leave in the summer, I wouldn't mind him going I just think we can get a younger more well rounded player than a tough tackler who can only tackle, I'm not undermining how important Gueye is because he really is important but I think a lot of fans are scared of the unknown if he did leave and who'd we replace him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.