Old Everton Pictures

D35nNWSWsAkX80z.jpg

That was my mate in goal for them.
Thank goodness it went in - he had no chance with it - we looked ok untill Connelley,s leg brake disgusting tackle I was yards away from it in the paddock the noise was horrible I knew he had done him good style two breaks in the same leg John was never the same after that dirty tackle........lost two yards of pace, shame as he was just settling in......

Thank goodness it went in - he had no chance with it - we looked ok untill Connelley,s leg brake disgusting tackle I was yards away from it in the paddock the noise was horrible I knew he had done him good style two breaks in the same leg John was never the same after that dirty tackle........lost two yards of pace, shame as he was just settling in......
I never knew Peter the Alty goalie till well after he finished playing football but he still dines out on the fact that Neville Southall was his understudy while they were at Bangor.

9591FC1D-D1CF-49DD-B60B-B19951E3A713.jpeg

....forgive me the indulgence but this is Everton. I was brought up in the house with the checkered step but moved into the black and white one when I was 8.

2 up, 2 down, I shared the front bedroom with my older sister. I actually signed for a top flight football club in that black and White House. Like other kids, I played footy in that street from morning until night, nothing but footy.

Cobden St, off Everton Rd. Born in Everton, born an Evertonian.

Last edited:
View attachment 57133

....forgive me the indulgence but this is Everton. I was brought up in the house with the checkered step but moved into the black and white one when I was 8.

2 up, 2 down, I shared the front bedroom with my older sister. I actually signed for a top flight football club in that black and White House. Like other kids, I played footy in that street from morning until night, nothing but footy.

Cobden St, off Everton Rd. Born in Everton, born an Evertonian.
Think I've tracked you down Eggs, love your heritage!