Everton Youth Teams Thread

Interesting that weve wrapped up Kristensen now.

I hope that were also targeting 3 or 4 more gems at 16-18 from overseas and the same amount at u23 level.

Need to build from within the younger squads.

Just based on the posts so far in response to my question...

I think we may be looking at something like this group of youngsters in preseason 2020;

Virginia
John Astley Gibson ???
Davies Williams
???
Bowler DCL Richarlison
Does that seem about right in your opinions?

If so, It would suggest that we may focus on a left back / left centre back depending on where Gibson ends up + a centre midfielder as priorities at this youth group. Thats if we discount, Vlasic, Lookman,Onyekuru, Kenny and Holgate.

My own initial thoughts were that we would need a left back behind Digne and a left sided centre back. Perhaps Gibson could act as cover for both positions while in the 1st team squad.

The weak area for me was in centre midfield where this season weve only seen Davies who hasnt been great + Williams/Vlasic on loan and we dont know if they are in Silvas plans.

Where do you think we need to bring in young players where they have the easiest pathway / least competition to be a part of the first team squad?

Everyone will have different views. It's an inexact science. I suppose I am always a bit more partial to players who have done well out on loan, whereas others (such as @Eggs ) makes a fair point that lads going out on loan are often because they are surplus to plans and therefore less likely to come back.

It is not easy to predict as the questions are qualitatively different in each category. The question around say Vlasic still being here is a fundamentally different one to say an Astley making the grade.

I think there's a fair number amongst us who want to see us embrace being a young squad, and almost adopt a Germanic approach. It's difficult though because Silva will understandably say when we were getting hammered at Millwall or Southampton or against Wolves there was very little sympathy from the fans then about the fact we were playing a young team. His primary responsibility is to put teams out that can win.

I think the above team is very much a best case scenario that they all keep developing toward the upper end of what is expected.

Everyone will have different views. It's an inexact science. I suppose I am always a bit more partial to players who have done well out on loan, whereas others (such as @Eggs ) makes a fair point that lads going out on loan are often because they are surplus to plans and therefore less likely to come back.

It is not easy to predict as the questions are qualitatively different in each category. The question around say Vlasic still being here is a fundamentally different one to say an Astley making the grade.

I think there's a fair number amongst us who want to see us embrace being a young squad, and almost adopt a Germanic approach. It's difficult though because Silva will understandably say when we were getting hammered at Millwall or Southampton or against Wolves there was very little sympathy from the fans then about the fact we were playing a young team. His primary responsibility is to put teams out that can win.

I think the above team is very much a best case scenario that they all keep developing toward the upper end of what is expected.

Id very much like to 'finally' see a top notch midfielder come through...whether we develop them from a young age or recruit from overseas.

Are we talking about the EPL 2 win here?

I guess the main excitement here is

1) How many players will make it to the first team
2) How many can we sell for good transfer fees.

I think it's definitely a success, and should be seen as a real indicator of our excellent academy. But the academy is only worth it if it makes us money, or, much better, we have players in the first team. What do you all think is success for an academy?

3 players in the first team? more?

These were appearances in the 16/17 title winning season, and Davies, Kenny, DCL, Colgate are not there yet, but I hope we have patience with them. There's a LOT of merit in having players come through together who understand each other, are on the same wavelength and want to win together

Name
Harry Charsley
1608'​
17​
5​
5​
7​
2​
-​
-​
Kieran Dowell
1913'​
22​
-​
6​
5​
4​
-​
-​
Mateusz Hewelt
1890'​
21​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Jonjoe Kenny
1890'​
21​
-​
-​
-​
2​
-​
-​
Liam Walsh
1507'​
17​
2​
5​
5​
3​
-​
-​
Courtney Duffus
652'​
7​
10​
6​
3​
-​
-​
-​
Antonee Robinson
1285'​
14​
2​
1​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Calum Dyson
715'​
7​
7​
3​
4​
-​
-​
-​
Gethin Jones
1022'​
11​
3​
-​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Callum Connolly
1080'​
12​
-​
-​
1​
3​
-​
-​
Tom Davies
1027'​
12​
-​
2​
-​
5​
-​
-​
David Henen
425'​
4​
8​
2​
2​
-​
-​
-​
Beni Baningime
679'​
7​
4​
2​
-​
3​
-​
-​
Morgan Feeney
858'​
9​
2​
-​
-​
1​
-​
-​
Bassala Sambou
432'​
4​
6​
2​
5​
-​
-​
-​
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
752'​
9​
-​
4​
4​
-​
-​
-​
Matthew Pennington
650'​
8​
-​
2​
-​
-​
-​
-​
Mason Holgate
630'​
7​
-​
-​
-​
2​
-​
-​

Portuguese newspaper O Jogo today features a story about Everton goalkeeper João Virgínia.

After winning the Premier League 2 for Arsenal last season, the player has now conquered his second title in a row for the Toffees last weekend.
It’s said that the last fixture, played against Brighton, had the eyes of Marco Silva and football director Marcel Brands, who were in the stands.
And O Jogo claims that Everton’s plans are to have Virgínia included in the first team squad next season, where he will have the place of second goalkeeper.
Regardless of where that information comes from, the newspaper also features a short interview with the player himself. The 19-year-old claims that both manager Marco Silva and goalkeeper Coach Hugo Oliveira have been watching him playing.
Capturar-45-224x300.png
“Marco Silva has enjoyed my evolution and is always following me, just like Hugo Oliveira,” João Virgínia told O Jogo. “They both talk a lot to me and one of the main developments I had was in consistency. An example of this was, in eleven games, to have nine clean sheets.”
About his next goals, Virgínia says: “I now want to make my debut in the Premier League.”
Signed from Arsenal last summer, Virgínia has a contract with Everton running until 2021. And he doesn’t seem to lack ambition around succeeding for the Toffees.
If the goalkeeper is promoted as it’s claimed, then it will possibly mean the exit of 36 year old Maarten Stekelenburg, who has a further season on his contract after this one.
I will be very surprised if Virginia is the number two goalkeeper at Everton next season, nothing against the lad, he looks very good the times I’ve seen him, it’s just he is very young and inexperienced to be the back up ‘keeper in the premier league,but you never know.

Every team needs a balance of ages
If you have 2 players in every age bracket from 19-32 that give you a squad of 28.
You don't want a squad of old players or a squad of kids.
You will win nothing with kids.

I will be very surprised if Virginia is the number two goalkeeper at Everton next season, nothing against the lad, he looks very good the times I’ve seen him, it’s just he is very young and inexperienced to be the back up ‘keeper in the premier league,but you never know.
Maybe Steks will be released and another 30/32 yr old brought in as cover /competition for Pickford

Yeah,just seen few mins ago https://www.u19-cup.com/en/teams

and the rules

https://www.u19-cup.com/en/regulations

Sa 12:00FC St. PauliFC Everton

Sa 17:00Fortuna DüsseldorfFC Everton

So 11:00FC EvertonRSC Anderlecht

So 18:00FC EvertonDinamo Zagreb
Mondays games as well -off course go by how groups have gone,probably german times for kos,

Game 21 Mon 10:15 Winner Group 1 v Second Group 2
Game 22 Mon 11:30 Winner group 2 v Second group 1
Game 23 Mon 13:30 Third Group 1 v Third Group 2
Game 24 Mon 14:45 Losers Game 21 v Losers Game 22
Game 25 Mon 16:00 Winner Game 21 v Winner Game 22