Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
United are fighting for a place in the top four. Our lads show no strong convictions, except Gomes who has been found guilty of a ridiculous and completely unnecessary case of violent conduct.

It's certainly difficult to see Everton winning - but they have been unpredictable all season. And United just might have a hangover from tonight's game.

We could win 10-0 and I wouldn't be surprised, they could win 10-0 and I wouldn't be surprised, it could be a 10 all draw and I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing about Everton surprises me any more, we are probably the only team in the world that could go to Barcelona and beat them 5-0 then lose 4-1 to Harrogate Town the following week. The only consistent thing about Everton is our inconsistency.

United will be desperate to win following the Barca result.
Our lot however - who knows who or what will turn up ?
Chance for Silva to show his mettle and motivate our squad !.
I predict 1-3 , but hope that I am wrong.

If we play without fear, and we really should, we can beat these. We have to be aware of their ability to counter and we really need to take some chances but we can and in my opinion should win this game.

This will be a big factor. If they win they will be on a come down for us, if Barca win they will come out and destroy us to make sure they get fourth.
The only good thing is OGS is their manager. - their performance against West Ham was bordering on farcical. Makes Silva look like Rinus Michels.

Lost 5 of their last 7, new manager bounce is over. He managed to whip them up having been so flat under Jose but now that buzz has passed, his (ole) tactical skills are being shown up for what they are.

We should win this

Status
Not open for further replies.