2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... he's going.

He's hardly played all season, he's 36 and when the other centre backs are fit he doesn't make the bench.

If he were going to be retained then he'd have some clue about it by now and not have to be dropping hints in the media.
He’s shameless.

He actually wants to get paid for just sitting around and stepping in for a couple of games a season. He should be trying to prolong his playing career in a lower division or earn his coaching badges. This is a fella who knows what a weak chairman we have.

He’s shameless.

He actually wants to get paid for just sitting around and stepping in for a couple of games a season. He should be trying to prolong his playing career in a lower division or earn his coaching badges. This is a fella who knows what a weak chairman we have.

You say that like he should be ashamed of himself. How much is he on? He's living the dream mate. Paid for minimal work. I would give my right arm for that! Weak chairman or not, he's seeing out a contract on GOOD pay. What do you expect the chairman to do about it? Turn up in the changing room at half time "Eh lad, you and me, outside, NOW!"......?!

I'm sure you would shun an amazing pay packet at a good company to go and work for a substandard company for less money simply because your colleagues thought you were no longer up for the job?

He's got loads of time to get his coaching badges. He hasn't got loads of time to sit on his arse and rake it in.

Football fans.....Hypocrites in general. They think they're all morally and ethically superior in hypothetical scenarios.

You say that like he should be ashamed of himself. How much is he on? He's living the dream mate. Paid for minimal work. I would give my right arm for that! Weak chairman or not, he's seeing out a contract on GOOD pay. What do you expect the chairman to do about it? Turn up in the changing room at half time "Eh lad, you and me, outside, NOW!"......?!

I'm sure you would shun an amazing pay packet at a good company to go and work for a substandard company for less money simply because your colleagues thought you were no longer up for the job?

He's got loads of time to get his coaching badges. He hasn't got loads of time to sit on his arse and rake it in.

Football fans.....Hypocrites in general. They think they're all morally and ethically superior in hypothetical scenarios.
What a weird post.

Yes, he should be ashamed of himself trying to milk the club for yet more money. He should have been out of here about 4 years ago.

....if Jagielka doesn’t get another deal I think Holgate will be sold if the Baggies or any other club want him. I very much doubt Jagielka’s future has any link with Holgate. I assume he was sent on loan because Silva thinks Kenny is a better RB. I doubt anybody is contemplating playing him in any other position.

Fair play I honestly don’t know, so opinions are the best of it. Personally I think there is zero point sending a young center half/right back out on loan, if your giving deals to mid 30 year olds.

I’ve never really been convinced on Holgate. Though he has a special place in my heart for mullering Firmino. But if he has a future here you would suspect brining him in for the fourth rung center half spot/right back cover looks like his best role or else he’s a gonner! WBA still in with a chance of the play offs, so I imagine there interest in him will depend on if they come out of that blood bath. Can’t see them dropping big money on a full back or what would we be looking for even with parachute payments.

Elsewise we have Givbson who bubbling along nicely.

Fair play I honestly don’t know, so opinions are the best of it. Personally I think there is zero point sending a young center half/right back out on loan, if your giving deals to mid 30 year olds.

I’ve never really been convinced on Holgate. Though he has a special place in my heart for mullering Firmino. But if he has a future here you would suspect brining him in for the fourth rung center half spot/right back cover looks like his best role or else he’s a gonner! WBA still in with a chance of the play offs, so I imagine there interest in him will depend on if they come out of that blood bath. Can’t see them dropping big money on a full back or what would we be looking for even with parachute payments.

Elsewise we have Givbson who bubbling along nicely.

....fingers crossed for Gibson. I can’t see the point in giving Jagielka a contract extension either. Saying that, I assume Holgate was sent on loan because the Manager wasn’t going to use him. Regardless of age, Kenny was seen as a better RB and Jagielka a better CB.

Makes me laugh this, hang up your boots for heavens sake and we may even give you a testimonial but please go. From the wording he is looking for an extension that is how it seems to me. If he truly believed in Everton he would surely realise time to go and make room for younger players but reckon he likes the pay packet for doing sod all.

....of course he’s looking for a contract extension. He’s a professional who clearly feels he has something to offer. It’s the club who need to make a decision.

he looked poor against mitorvic ... but like people have said 37 nearly and playing twice in 6 days is madness

but he's been a solid player for us and deserves a good send off

Status
Not open for further replies.