2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair post.

I'm still a little surprised that others don't think we need AT LEAST two solid CM/DMs on the team, though. Without at least two, we are prohibiting Silva from playing one of his two 4-3-3 variants at least I think. Recognize it's another discussion altogether.
Let me ask you this : if Zoums and Gomes were the only acquisitions how would you feel? Would that feeling change if the momentum continues to build over the last few games?
Personally I would like to see a great striker come and maybe a young right back to back up/challenge Seamus, but I'm not so desperate for that now, since Seamus appears to be flying again.
Lloydy my confused friend, I am nothing but positive. So much so that I feel that we are not too far off competing seriously with the squad that we have. I put it to you sir, that to change little may keep a steady ship pointing in the right direction. Nowt negative there.
We are still 4 or 5 class players away from challenging the top 4 and that doesn’t include Gomes & Zouma. Yes the last 3 or 4 performances have been great, but let’s get real
Sell and buy Ndidi :oops:

The problem we have is that of the 3 man centre midfield, Gomes is not our player and both Gylfi and Gana are both 30 in september.

Thats not to say they will suddenly become dreadful but their values will decrease making it impossible to raise the necessary funds to replace them. That means that in say 3 years time we would need to find the money for 2 new midfield starters...

Its better to move both of them on (ideally) and bring in 2 new high potential players who may not be immediately at their level but have a far higher ceiling.

Brands need to remould the entire squad and refresh it with players who together can get us top 4.

I hope he goes in the summer. He's a terribly limited player, and his stock will never be higher than it is right now.

Have you ever considered why his stock is so high now ???
Because his profile was raised by PSG's interest, which seems to have been largely based on their FFP restrictions, and this has been followed by Everton doing the old Moyes trick of hitting form when there's nothing to play for. That's all conjecture, obviously, but it's my take.

United are a club that doesn't know what it's doing in the transfer market, and Everton should make the most of any opportunity to take them to the cleaners before they bring in a competent director of football. They're about to lose Herrera and Pogba, and have had their fingers burned with Fred, so they could well see Gana as a safe bet in the short-term.

He isn't a terrible player, but nor is he anything special, which is why I don't think that it would difficult to find a younger, cheaper replacement.

Because his profile was raised by PSG's interest, which seems to have been largely based on their FFP restrictions, and this has been followed by Everton doing the old Moyes trick of hitting form when there's nothing to play for. That's all conjecture, obviously, but it's my take.

United are a club that doesn't know what it's doing in the transfer market, and Everton should make the most of any opportunity to take them to the cleaners before they bring in a competent director of football. They're about to lose Herrera and Pogba, and have had their fingers burned with Fred, so they could well see Gana as a safe bet in the short-term.

He isn't a terrible player, but nor is he anything special, which is why I don't think that it would difficult to find a younger, cheaper replacement.
The fact that he has put in more tackles,won more possession and has more interceptions than practically every other player in the league might have something to do with as well
PSG were not buying him to sell more shirts

The fact that he has put in more tackles,won more possession and has more interceptions than practically every other player in the league might have something to do with as well
PSG were not buying him to sell more shirts
They were looking at him because they weren't allowed to spend more than £30m.

He's a great athlete, but he's extremely poor in possession. Not cashing in on him before he starts to decline physically would represent very short-term thinking.

They were looking at him because they weren't allowed to spend more than £30m.

He's a great athlete, but he's extremely poor in possession. Not cashing in on him before he starts to decline physically would represent very short-term thinking.
Will he decline though? He's not got pace, so he won't slow down. Could actually continue to improve, like Barry.

I do agree that he could be much better in possession and could offer more going forward.

Will he decline though? He's not got pace, so he won't slow down. Could actually continue to improve, like Barry.

I do agree that he could be much better in possession and could offer more going forward.
I think he's more of a reactive, destroyer type, but I'm sure he's still got a few years left in his legs. He's just not someone that I particularly rate, and I think this is a perfect opportunity to make a lot of money on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.