Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If were aiming for top 4 then we need 3 top wide players. Remember united with Giggs, Sharpe, Kanchelskis rotating throughout the season?

Also, Neres can play Sigurdssons position and Richarlison can play up front so we could switch players at ease.

If we could land Neres or similar then we'd be set in those 2 wide positions for many years.

....absolutely, but we can’t stockpile players who are not good enough. Walcott, Bolasie, Mirallas, Lookman and Sandro are all wide players on mega contracts who could all be with us at the start of next season. Brands will have to work some magic to manage the squad size.

Oh colour me very sceptical indeed.

Hes a good age and he has very good digits this season, but as you say hes not the top scorer in that league.

Hes scored a very respectable 22 goal this season and 23 goals in the previous 5 seasons, granted for 2 of them he hardly played, but there you go.

He looks a prospect, from what ive read hes very different to DCL, so could be a good signing, maybe, ive never seen him kick a ball, im just basing it all on what ive read. If his name was Chezoz Adamgne, you would all be dying to sign him, *MEME*

Cant imagine he would be cheap and hes a proper, proper gamble, personally ive yet to see anything other than a few murmurs suggesting theres any concrete interest, until then file him under "meh".

Thats not how GOT works, you have to pretend you've seen nearly all his games and have been watching him for years, you "called" him about 3 seasons ago.

This Neres looks like it’s a goer.

Wouldn't it be boss if he was one of the players Brands identified earlier in the season and had this tied up already... before all this press and stories started about him big time.

My only hope at the moment is that Brands and Silva have agreed all the transfers, works been done on most of them and all that needs to happen is for them to hold the shirt.

How refreshing could this summer actually be? get the players in they want early, then after that focus on removing the deadwood before/during preseason

....absolutely, but we can’t stockpile players who are not good enough. Walcott, Bolasie, Mirallas, Lookman and Sandro are all wide players on mega contracts who could all be with us at the start of next season. Brands will have to work some magic to manage the squad size.

Key to the summer this mate, if all the work has been done the sign players already which it sounds like, the hard work in the summer is reducing the utter cling ons in the squad

Oh colour me very sceptical indeed.

Hes a good age and he has very good digits this season, but as you say hes not the top scorer in that league.

Hes scored a very respectable 22 goal this season and 23 goals in the previous 5 seasons, granted for 2 of them he hardly played, but there you go.

He looks a prospect, from what ive read hes very different to DCL, so could be a good signing, maybe, ive never seen him kick a ball, im just basing it all on what ive read. If his name was Chezoz Adamgne, you would all be dying to sign him, *MEME*

Cant imagine he would be cheap and hes a proper, proper gamble, personally ive yet to see anything other than a few murmurs suggesting theres any concrete interest, until then file him under "meh".
I wonder if this is coming from his people, probably the top 6 won’t touch him, so they think which are the other teams in the prem who would have no problem paying 20mil and giving him 60/70k a week. Abd we top that list. I bet Leicester’s name will mentioned over the next few weeks.

Wouldn't it be boss if he was one of the players Brands identified earlier in the season and had this tied up already... before all this press and stories started about him big time.

My only hope at the moment is that Brands and Silva have agreed all the transfers, works been done on most of them and all that needs to happen is for them to hold the shirt.

How refreshing could this summer actually be? get the players in they want early, then after that focus on removing the deadwood before/during preseason
My theory on that is that those players are Gomes and Zouma, and that's it for incomings.
My theories aren't often correct.

You think we are only going to sign those two?
If we sign those 2 for about 60m, we've got a mahoosive squad. Much of the deadwood is unshiftable.
Other than those 2, I can't see too many signings unless we lose someone, eg. Gana.
The other issue is continuity. Too many squad changes over a short period of time rarely works. I've read a few comments about the up-turn in fortunes recently being due to players getting to know each other. Why upset the apple cart?

So the players brands and silva have identified and will work to get in are the ones we already have ?
That's my theory in a nutshell mate. I know you mean it sarcastically, but there's a big difference between having them on loan and signing them. The identifying bit is "do we want them permanently?" The working bit is "can we come to an agreement with the player, agent, parent club?"

If we sign those 2 for about 60m, we've got a mahoosive squad. Much of the deadwood is unshiftable.
Other than those 2, I can't see too many signings unless we lose someone, eg. Gana.
The other issue is continuity. Too many squad changes over a short period of time rarely works. I've read a few comments about the up-turn in fortunes recently being due to players getting to know each other. Why upset the apple cart?

Totally lost me on this...you dont expect half the squad to be sold/loaned?

Totally lost me on this...you dont expect half the squad to be sold/loaned?
Plenty of loans - yeah. Sold? - It's been done to death in here, but how do you sell Sandro who couldn't score in a proverbial, yet is on wages of 6 figures? Who buys Bolassie? etc etc. It's not just 1 or 2, it's loads. We're waiting for contracts to expire a la Williams. In the meantime, we're loaning out. I wonder how much of that wage we're re-couping.
But it's not all about money. Like I said there's continuity. Also, Brands has alluded to not blocking youth, eg. DCL, Davies.
As stated originally, it's just a theory, and my theories are often wrong.

Give it a rest with your negativity,?every one last summer said we would struggle to sell klassen & Mori who was injured all season and we still got 10mil for him.

Witt no World Cup and Brands having a full summer, I would imagine some deals are already done.

Most will go, but we will probably have to take a hit on a few. That will be balanced out imo by selling players that are in demand
Like Gana, Lookman, Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.