Old Everton Pictures

A great manager who should have been given the England managers job, I think he frightened the people at the FA who interviewed him for the job, he would have done it his way and that scared the life out of them.
He was certainly a straight talker not scared to give his opinion,I dont think the Revie episode helped,think after that the FA looked for less contraversial characters

Peter Reid's first contract. Definitely chalk and cheese compared to today's overpaid cosseted darlings.

Dxxtm_bW0AAxyNE

After a great result by the Blues against Arsenal I found one of my best memories from the past. I could not believe it on the day and, at half time with us 3 up I thought there must be a strong wind. It was only when Moggsy scored a fourth I started believing. When I got home from the game I asked my mum to confirm the score 'cause I thought I had been dreaming.
592 19.09.64 Pickering v L'pool (A) Tommy Lawrence is beaten by Fred Pickering after 34 minute...jpg

After a great result by the Blues against Arsenal I found one of my best memories from the past. I could not believe it on the day and, at half time with us 3 up I thought there must be a strong wind. It was only when Moggsy scored a fourth I started believing. When I got home from the game I asked my mum to confirm the score 'cause I thought I had been dreaming.View attachment 56682
What a game that was, we had a depleted team out, Harvey, Pickering and Temple, Ithink were the scorers, had us 3-0 up at the interval, when Morrissey scored the fourth I jumped up screaming like a lunatic in the Kop, you would have to be a lunatic to that these days,the Kop started emptying out after that fourth goal as did other parts of the ground, thanks ManxBrian for helping me to recall that joyous day.