Match Thread Everton v Arsenal - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
nikolas alexandersson says hi
7E829DC6-0F66-46D7-B70D-39ABAD98BFFC.png

Superb display by the Blues. If only we had a striker we would have got 3 goals. Bernard a revelation and everyone gave everything, although Richarlison got

a rocket from Coleman in the first half for his lack of involvement up to that point.

Arsenal are a team in form, but we matched and beat them. And, once again, it was a team performance.

In the first half, Arsenal played three at the back, and Richarlison and Bernard enjoyed the space down the wings. But everybody challenged for possession. After the break, Arsenal brought on Aubameyang and Ramsey. They really wanted to win, but Everton still looked the better team. That was the best performance of the season.

Everton 2 Chelsea 0; West Ham 0 Everton 2; Everton 1 Arsenal 0; we are on a run and can actually look forward to the next games. Next up, Fulham away, then Manchester United at Goodison.

I think Marco should be commended for this turnaround. After the second half at Newcastle I thought he’d lost the plot but he’s proved me wrong.

He called for the fans to get behind the team. He got the balance right. He backed his players, he sorted the defence and we’ve been simply superb.

Credit to Brands and the rest of the scouts and coaching team as well as the signings have worked and the team have improved massively.

Long may it continue!!

I blamed him for the defeats so he now has to take the plaudits. Something’s clearly changed, we are deffo attacking more. I think having a settled team is a major factor, earlier in the season even when won he would still alternate a winger or attacker, whereas now they have a chance to forge partnerships.

Arsenal are a team in form, but we matched and beat them. And, once again, it was a team performance.

In the first half, Arsenal played three at the back, and Richarlison and Bernard enjoyed the space down the wings. But everybody challenged for possession. After the break, Arsenal brought on Aubameyang and Ramsey. They really wanted to win, but Everton still looked the better team. That was the best performance of the season.

Everton 2 Chelsea 0; West Ham 0 Everton 2; Everton 1 Arsenal 0; we are on a run and can actually look forward to the next games. Next up, Fulham away, then Manchester United at Goodison.
Loved seeing the mighty Arsenal getting upset with every decision that went against them, well done Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.