Everton extends kit deal with Umbro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing ever changes, same discussion just another year. Next up, some kid designs a better kit in Photoshop and we wonder what on earth the people at umbro actually do.

I don't think anyone would be as upset by this if we hadn't had Umbro so much already.

We've had some really nice Umbro kits (and some absolute dirge) but we've had so many Umbro kits in the Premier League era.

The 2014/2015 set of kits (especially the home) were the nicest kits we've ever had for me. Yet last season was the worst home kit we've ever had for me and they were both in the same contract period with Umbro.

People wanted a change and we haven't got it. We probably won't get it until we're in the new stadium and we can look to properly rebrand ourselves.

Just to the "who cares only kids wear kits" point:

Kids wear the kit because of the badge. How nice it is does affect sales but only marginally.

If we had Under Armour, Nike or Adidas though, the sales of mens training gear, (shorts, half zips etc) would increase astronomically. If you think adults shouldn't care about brands then you're not living in the real world. They do.

You’ve got your Nikes, your Addidases, your Pumas, your Under Armours, your Reeboks, your Macrons, your New Balances, your Kappas, and we’ve got Umbro.

I don’t think anyone is “angry”. They’re merely not impressed with a brand like Umbro.

Because they scream average.

For someone who ‘doesn’t care’ you’ve posted a fair bit in this thread.

Nah, Umbro screams tradition. They’ve been making footy kits for more than 80 years.

Just reading the replies Everton received on Facebook/Twitter to this news, this hasn’t gone down well at all.

I think it’s safe to say that Moshiri’s era is just a continuation of being average. They hyped us up so much, too.

It’s about how much money we are getting for this, our last deal was 6mill a season is woeful for a PL club of our history, consistency and potential.

The fact the deal is undisclosed means we are getting buttons again.

Arsenal for example are getting 300mill for a five year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.