Old Everton Pictures

Classic Joe penalty - hard and straight!
Gerry Humphries goal was one of the very best I have ever seen at Goodison, he caught it perfectly on the edge of the penalty area, it was a goal from the minute the ball left his foot, Gerry was the stepson of Jack Humphries a Welsh international centre half who played at the same time as TG Jones another Welsh international centre half, a truly immaculate footballer.

Great keeper too kept the 2-0 down when we slaughtered them to clinch the title!

Wow...I never knew he had died RIP. Just before reaching 48 in 1998.

Giles brought him to Milltown in 1978 and I remember him playing for Rovers in the ECWC in 78/9. We beat Apoel Nicosia 3-0 on aggregate (2-0 h and 1-0 a). Steve Lynex scored home and away.

Lovely bloke.

Thanks to @Eggs post yesterday this guy scored my first goal after being bornc -
20 October 1956 George Kirby heads home a Tony McNamara cross for Everton's second during 5-2 victory away to Manchester United -
View attachment 56024
George scored two that day, both headers to add to goals from McNamara, Don Donavon and Tommy Eglington in a remarkable victory, I think Kirby went on to do a lot of coaching abroad.

Not footie related, but looking at the pic takes me back fifty years and more.
The street leading up at an angle contained a warehouse where my mam was able to cash her Sturla's cheque and kit me out in clothes. Not the best quality or choice but it was the only way I got new clothes on my back.
Sturla’s shop was actually in Pembroke Place which run alongside London Road, Sturla’s was also facing TJ Hughes, half of Soho Street and the Bullring got their clobber from Sturla’s so you were in good company tommytowne.

Sturla’s shop was actually in Pembroke Place which run alongside London Road, Sturla’s was also facing TJ Hughes, half of Soho Street and the Bullring got their clobber from Sturla’s so you were in good company tommytowne.
What was the little clothes shop opposite TJ Hughes that now would not have a correct PC terminology- a great little bargain shop with all the latest fashions for teenagers etc?

What was the little clothes shop opposite TJ Hughes that now would not have a correct PC terminology- a great little bargain shop with all the latest fashions for teenagers etc?
Can’t remember the name of the shop Joey, it was run by a lady and her husband who did as he was told, once that lady got you into the shop it was hard to get out, unless you bought something, like the one in the shop of “ Last of the summer wine”, it was great for bargains as you say Joey.

Can’t remember the name of the shop Joey, it was run by a lady and her husband who did as he was told, once that lady got you into the shop it was hard to get out, unless you bought something, like the one in the shop of “ Last of the summer wine”, it was great for bargains as you say Joey.
I bought some great stuff from there .....clothes wise - parraral trousers - jackets etc etc...bargains galore.....

He was missing to think we won without Bally , and the magnificent Hursty then fluffed the final - I did not realise the GV was our sub in the final, and we needed at least one goal in the most one sided final ever according to Bally....doh....
That might have been the last cup final team that had eleven English players starting the game, when Liverpool beat us twenty years later, in the extra time game, their starting eleven didn’t have one, Lawrenson was English but opted to play for Southern Ireland.