Old Everton Pictures

The GV -

January 30th 1965 Pickering v Leeds (A) FA CUP Jack Charlton punches a header from Jimmy Gabriel over the bar resulting in a penalty which Fred Pickering converts - a 2-1 defeat at home on 2nd February knocked us out with Fred scoring the only goal again in front of near 66,000 fans at home...-

Alan Gilzean celebrates a goal for Spurs against Everton at Goodison Park in the 1971-72 season - in a 1-1 draw for the Blues - I rated this guy seen him a few time at Goodison one game he and Greaves destroyed us -
View attachment 55993

Agreed @Joey66 Gilzean was one of my favourite (none Everton) players.
Another (none Everton) favourite was Derek Dougan (although I hated him on this particular day)
Remember football on ice? I was at this game.

A wonderful picture
Great celebrations
Get in my son

....many years ago I was watching a Lancashire League game at Bellefield with my very young son. Andy Hinchcliffe was watching nearby. When the game ended, a few kids ran to Hinchcliffe for his autograph, but my son made a beeline to the opposition touchline. Sheedy was in charge of Blackburn that day and my lad had been brought up on tales of Sheedy.

He had his priorities right.

....many years ago I was watching a Lancashire League game at Bellefield with my very young son. Andy Hinchcliffe was watching nearby. When the game ended, a few kids ran to Hinchcliffe for his autograph, but my son made a beeline to the opposition touchline. Sheedy was in charge of Blackburn that day and my lad had been brought up on tales of Sheedy.

Sheedy was a truly class player but both had a wand of a left foot. Hinchcliffe put in some of the best corners I’ve even seen( and big Dunc benefited the most)

Was at a party a few years ago at a golf club in Manchester,told my girlfriend at the time that Andy H was there,went the bogs and on my return she tells me he’s at the bar waiting for me with a pint,said he was made up to have a chat with an Evertonian,really decent,modest fella,put any success he had in the game down to big joe and willie Donnachie,I said he took great set pieces/corners but he put it all down to big dunc and rideout and the fact he’d only have to whip a ball in the zone and one of the big lads would get a touch and bingo,not on sheeds level,who would be?but a fine player in a decent side for us was Andy :)

Was at a party a few years ago at a golf club in Manchester,told my girlfriend at the time that Andy H was there,went the bogs and on my return she tells me he’s at the bar waiting for me with a pint,said he was made up to have a chat with an Evertonian,really decent,modest fella,put any success he had in the game down to big joe and willie Donnachie,I said he took great set pieces/corners but he put it all down to big dunc and rideout and the fact he’d only have to whip a ball in the zone and one of the big lads would get a touch and bingo,not on sheeds level,who would be?but a fine player in a decent side for us was Andy :)

....7 full England caps is no small achievement.

Derek Dougan my older brothers mate adored him .....in fact looked him up he is an avid collector of Dougan memrobillia!
Gilzean, Dougan and Charlie Cooke of Chelsea were some of my favourite players back then. I always thought of them as proper players, Everton type players, tough, hard but fair and very, very, good at what they did.

Goes slightly off topic...I always sing along with The Royal Blue Mersey song and back then the hate of the darkside was almost...except for Derby Days...none existant, in me anyway - half my family and friends being of that ilk.

Just as a reminder to set the record straight for those born after their pact with himself, those who think this is some Arl arse urban myth, Yes this did happen.

Back in the day people might go to Goodison one week and, if there was nothing else to do and it looked like a good game (a good game being one where they might get beat) and the funds allowed it, you would go with you red mates, because, well because they were your mates and you'd go to the other ground the next week.

Anyway, It might upset those who know nowt (like I care) but deep down, the 3 named villains of said song, always got a grudging pass mark from me, by virtue of being, like I said, very, very, good at what they did.
Apologies, turned into a low grade rambling rant there.

Great shops at the top of London Road in the 1960/70s ;)
Certainty were. A whole array of premises just outside the city centre retail area.
I spent most of the 60s around there and watched them knock down all those peoples homes between Islington, London Rd and the surrounds. I saw them clear the site of all the prefabs for the then state of the art new hospital...which they are now going to replace...if the havent started knocking it down already
These people were the fuel rods that powered the retail reactor that was the London Rd, Islington, Kensington area...whole communities scattered - truly Gone with the Wind.
Back on topic-ish, as a young kid I actually prefered wondering along Islington, just to soak in the sights, sounds, smells, the whole low grade hum of lots of little interesting shops.