First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
1962/63 season Bolton away 2-0 win just looked it was Billy Bingham who scored the first goal - Gabby got the other goal that I ever seen as a aged just 7 years old sat on a crowd barrier in the Bolton Burden park paddock towards the massive blues fans following with my late father holding me tight - we went in a big Ford transit van like a scene out of the GV documentary sat on ale crates with the van taking about 8-10 of us......
we won the league that season .......

Latchford and McKenzie the day after I was born, then again the day after that. And players complain nowadays about rest time!

3 games in four days, 4 in a week. Latch got 5 goals and we won all four. Clearly I should be born more often!! :eek:

Sharpy and Sheeds scored in a 2-0 win at Stoke on 20th April, the day after I was born (19/04/85), 5 days after I was born was THAT game v Bayern. Sharpy also scored the winner on my first birthday the following year v Ipswich

Apparently the first one we scored after I was born was Wayne Clarke in the charity shield against Coventry in 87. It would appear my birth has coincided with us turning to absolute garbage, soz abar that!

23rd March 1968. We beat Newcastle 1-0 at home. I was only seven so we left early when the score was 0-0. As we were walking to the car I heard a massive roar as Howard Kendall had just scored.
From that moment on I was hooked and begged my Dad to take me to the next home game against Arsenal. We won 2-0 with both goals from Joe Royle. I even managed to see the goals this time.
Sorry. I should have read it more carefully. I will have a look later for the 1961 results.

Status
Not open for further replies.