Everton Youth Teams Thread

Fair enough. Not often we disagree in fairness.

As regards the older players, I would fully agree had they moved on to the full squad like Chilwell, Alexander-Arnold and Sancho. But when that hasn't happened I think they should have the opportunity to represent their country in their own age group, provided they're good enough of course.

At club level I agree that we should have the players development as the priority over winning trophies, and have been critical of Unsworth in particular this year as I believe he's been guilty of this. But I love watching International youth football and I want our England team, and in particular the Everton lads, to do well. To do that we need our best players there.

If England don't do well in the tournament it will probably be down to that dinosaur Boothroyd than any of the players mate.

I know it's difficult to judge at that age, and a lot is made of his size being a big advantage that he wouldn't necessarily have in open age football. But I've said before his coolness and composure in front of goal is something you literally can't teach players. And his ability to make the right runs and find space in the box is also a rare quality.

Surprised he hasn't been called up for the England U18s for their Dubai tournament this week. In fact I haven't seen the squad announced. Does anyone know if Gordon has gone?

I know it's difficult to judge at that age, and a lot is made of his size being a big advantage that he wouldn't necessarily have in open age football. But I've said before his coolness and composure in front of goal is something you literally can't teach players. And his ability to make the right runs and find space in the box is also a rare quality.

Surprised he hasn't been called up for the England U18s for their Dubai tournament this week. In fact I haven't seen the squad announced. Does anyone know if Gordon has gone?
Yes,Gordon is in the u18s squad

Completely irrelevant in a way but I subscribe to Monaco’s YT channel and they upload full games for U19’s and stuff.

Everton are just lazy.
See things like that to me,is what Everton should do,they rarely mention they are playing,or if they do its in a pasting comment about something else,or say the score well after game ends,got slightly better from the 2/3/4 days they use to take to say score to now hours later or 1 day

Not sure if he can do anymore to get in the squad tbh, what do they want? A double hat trick?

Yes,Gordon is in the u18s squad

Just for info as well,if England stream it

England u18s Sport Chain Cup, Dubai
Japan v England 4pm tomorrow
Czech Republic v England 4pm Friday
England v Mexico 1.30ko Sunday

England u18s full squad as well Barnfred

Goalkeepers: Luca Ashby-Hammond (Fulham), George Wickens (Fulham), Josh Griffiths (West Bromwich Albion)

Defenders: Vontae Daley-Campbell (Arsenal), Dylan Crowe (Ipswich Town), Cody Drameh (Fulham), Ethan Laird (Manchester United), Rhys Wiliams (Liverpool), Edmond-Paris Maghoma (Tottenham Hotspur), Luis Binks (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Luke Thomas (Leicester City), James Garner (Manchester United), Clinton Mola (Chelsea), Tommy Doyle (Manchester City), Curtis Jones (Liverpool)

Forwards: Bobby Duncan (Liverpool), Anthony Gordon (Everton), Tyreece John-Jules (Arsenal), Folarin Balogun (Arsenal), Xavier Amaechi (Arsenal)

Not sure if he can do anymore to get in the squad tbh, what do they want? A double hat trick?
They do tend to be quite loyal to players once they get in. Last season Gordon was having a stormer too but it was only this season he broke into the squad. Despite having a more indifferent season this term they have stayed loyal too him.

I actually think Simms will do fantastic at this level for England, but I suppose the FA may have the same questions we have over how effective he will be at older age groups. His body could easily be pretty much fully developed already, and the extra strength advantage he has now may well dissipate as others catch up. But if he keeps on knocking them in when he steps up to the U23s next season he'll be hard to overlook.