• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else actually starting to think that him reintroducing Schneiderlin has turned out to be quite shrewd? Gomes is starting to go through 'spells' in his form and rather than constantly relying on Davies to try and pick up the slack he's instead opting for the different 'profile' in Schneiderlin and it's been working so far. Also helps that Gana's form has picked up recently like.

Schneiderlin is playing for a move, so it makes sense to let him.

I've been saying this for a while: we lack the stamina and/or consistency to really dominate a game to the extent where nervousness is not tangible in the air.

Yes a team rarely dominates a whole match, but we really do play a game of two halves. If we're in the lead at half-time, then a collapse is everyone's realistic fear.

More often than not we've been poor in the first half so we have to come out to try and salvage a result. A comfortable game or two would help an awful lot!

With regards to Silva, well he deserves credit for yesterday as the second half was a huge improvement from the dire first 45 and his changes were effective.

Still, the table doesn't lie and I think the our remaining seven fixtures - some tough ones too - will really be the acid test regarding his managerial capability.

If we can continue to make improvements in our attacking play and our defensive stability, then it will be a solid foundation to build upon for next season.

Equally, a poor run of results could swing it the other way; don't let yesterday disguise the truth that for many fans, the jury is still out.

Finally someone with sense. The all out high intensity pressing and counter requires TOP class fitness. We cannot sustain this approach with the players we have or the fitness we have. They are not unfit tho, just simply not the level that is required to sustain 90mins

Keane, Sigurdsson, DCL, Davies and Schneiderlin for me. Not saying any of them have been outstanding or anything, but they've definitely been better than they were last year. Half of the others weren't here last year so difficult to judge.

Yeh was just curious, I like to see coaches develop players, for me he hasn’t with anyone personally, maybe DCL. There’s more confidence in the squad but I dunno, I don’t see him as being able to get the best out of the young talents we’ll seemingly have to buy this Summer.

Very frustrating result yesterday.

Two home games in a row we could and should have been finished by half time. Amazing that we haven't been punished in either game . We really are that poor.

But the second half is a resurgence and result despite all of that.

In the bigger picture, when was the last manager who had us performing in both Half's of a game? Always a crap first / second half every week no matter who is in charge.

Very frustrating result yesterday.

Two home games in a row we could and should have been finished by half time. Amazing that we haven't been punished in either game . We really are that poor.

But the second half is a resurgence and result despite all of that.

In the bigger picture, when was the last manager who had us performing in both Half's of a game? Always a crap first / second half every week no matter who is in charge.

You heard Silva ...we planned all week to execute like the 2nd half...so why did the players decide not to turn up from the off? I am still not convinced these players are playing for him and shouting at the players at half time will eventually wear off. Playing sirens and asking for the crowd to help him just seem like gimmicks because there is a larger problem underneath it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.