Match Thread Everton v Chelsea - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weird how people are so confident. Stats like this certainly keep expectations at a minimum.

Keep your expectations low, hopefully you'll get a nice surprise.

COYB

I was thinking this, not sure how you can be confident apart from blind faith!

1-2 the Rat will get the winner

No, it was Chelsea, I was there.
I was with 6 mates in the Chelsea end. We got to the game late. We didn't normally go to the game because we played amateur football ourselves but the season was over. GS was still chocker so we went to the Park End and went straight in, not realising it was the Chelsea side. We realised straight away but we couldn't get across to our own side because there was a massive police cordon between the 2 sets of fans. We moved over to the far side by the police, told them the score, but they wouldn't let us across. They reckoned there was too much risk of the Everton fans thinking we were Chelsea fans attacking them (yeah, like 6 of us) and of Chelsea fans assuming the same and joining in. Their advice was to keep our traps shut and not celebrate if we scored. Which was difficult seeing as we scored 6. Latchford's third proved to be the breaking point and we were all jumping around like idiots. I don't know how we got out of there alive. In fairness to the Chelsea fans, there were a few snarls but nobody had an actual go at us physically;). Luckily we were all pretty pissed so I don't think we were as frightened as we should have been .

Got the makings of a Martinez 3-6 here (not that I can see us scoring 3) so 0-6 then. Barkley with a hattrick. But Liverpool will outdo them by winning 0-7 at Fulham earlier. Milwall will beat Brighton to book their place at Wembley. Love football me.

I was with 6 mates in the Chelsea end. We got to the game late. We didn't normally go to the game because we played amateur football ourselves but the season was over. GS was still chocker so we went to the Park End and went straight in, not realising it was the Chelsea side. We realised straight away but we couldn't get across to our own side because there was a massive police cordon between the 2 sets of fans. We moved over to the far side by the police, told them the score, but they wouldn't let us across. They reckoned there was too much risk of the Everton fans thinking we were Chelsea fans attacking them (yeah, like 6 of us) and of Chelsea fans assuming the same and joining in. Their advice was to keep our traps shut and not celebrate if we scored. Which was difficult seeing as we scored 6. Latchford's third proved to be the breaking point and we were all jumping around like idiots. I don't know how we got out of there alive. In fairness to the Chelsea fans, there were a few snarls but nobody had an actual go at us physically;). Luckily we were all pretty pissed so I don't think we were as frightened as we should have been .
The Latch scored 2 not 3....his 2nd was the pen which got him his 30th goal....great game anyway....remember Dobbo, Thomas, McKenzie, etc

And Bob's reward for netting 30 goals was £10,000 offered by the Daily Express...........even allowing for 42 years inflation £10,000 only equates to around £60-65,000.......can't image any of our present day prima donnas getting too excited over 3 days wages!

Status
Not open for further replies.