Everton Youth Teams Thread

He deserves to get a game before end of the season.
He may well do,he would be my number 2 over stek,despite off course no 1st team games,but would Silva have any guts to do it,i dont think he would if he changed the keeper and would pick stek,i dont think he will make keeper change anyway myself

He may well do,he would be my number 2 over stek,despite off course no 1st team games,but would Silva have any guts to do it,i dont think he would if he changed the keeper and would pick stek,i dont think he will make keeper change anyway myself

I don't think he'll drop Pickford either. But no player should be untouchable. Sends the wrong message.

I agree with this. If I was a premier league academy player I'd be looking to get out at 18 and into a first team somewhere, even if it's league 1 or 2. Ledson did it and is slowly working his way back up for example.
Not a lot of point going to a PL academy if you bail out at 18 to be honest. You'd probably be better just starting at the bottom because you have to be very good to make a PL breakthrough by 18. I agree that if you've not got through at 20 it's maybe time to move on, but 18 is a bit soon. Difficult to know how well it's working out for Ledson really, he's only started 10 games for Preston this season, who knows whether that's better than he'd be doing if he'd stayed here.

Not a lot of point going to a PL academy if you bail out at 18 to be honest. You'd probably be better just starting at the bottom because you have to be very good to make a PL breakthrough by 18. I agree that if you've not got through at 20 it's maybe time to move on, but 18 is a bit soon. Difficult to know how well it's working out for Ledson really, he's only started 10 games for Preston this season, who knows whether that's better than he'd be doing if he'd stayed here.

I could never work out the Ledson thing. On the bench (and due to play) at 16 for us. Started a Europa game at 17 and did ok I felt. Then disappeared. All odd and never quite worked it out.

I did a quick twitter / google search recently and Preston fans seemed to rate Ledson quite highly. Not sure if he's been injured or not. I could be wrong but have heard a lot in the know about youth football say that from the ages of 18-21 players should be playing mens football.

I did a quick twitter / google search recently and Preston fans seemed to rate Ledson quite highly. Not sure if he's been injured or not. I could be wrong but have heard a lot in the know about youth football say that from the ages of 18-21 players should be playing mens football.

Preston are playing very well and have 2 of the best centre mids in that league.

Ledson got sent off early in and lost his place as they started to pick up wins. Timing against him more than anything i would say.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing that playing senior football at that age is a good thing, just that permanently leaving a PL academy isn't necessarily the best way of doing that. Going out on loan still gets you the experience. If you're going to aim to be playing senior football in League 2 at 18, you might aswell join a league 2 club as a kid, they're probably more likely to pick you than they are to take a chance and pay the wage of a mollycoddled 18 year old from the PL who hasn't been conditioned to play at that sort of level.

Ledson's just been in and out of the team, no real injuries or bizarre bad luck stories, just not really able to force his way in for any length of time. That doesn't mean he's not a very good player obviously, my point was more that it's difficult to say with any certainty that he's been well served by making a permanent move because there's got to be at least a reasonable chance that he'd have started 10 Championship games by now if he'd stayed here too.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing that playing senior football at that age is a good thing, just that permanently leaving a PL academy isn't necessarily the best way of doing that. Going out on loan still gets you the experience. If you're going to aim to be playing senior football in League 2 at 18, you might aswell join a league 2 club as a kid, they're probably more likely to pick you than they are to take a chance and pay the wage of a mollycoddled 18 year old from the PL who hasn't been conditioned to play at that sort of level.

Ledson's just been in and out of the team, no real injuries or bizarre bad luck stories, just not really able to force his way in for any length of time. That doesn't mean he's not a very good player obviously, my point was more that it's difficult to say with any certainty that he's been well served by making a permanent move because there's got to be at least a reasonable chance that he'd have started 10 Championship games by now if he'd stayed here too.
Agree with your comments re loans. Just picking up on your other point, there’s a huge difference between the Class1 Academies like we have at Finch Farm and a League 2 clubs facilities. Very often the talented 10 year olds say , at lower clubs get scouted and opt to join bigger clubs , we’ve picked up a few from Wrexham , Chester, Tranmere etc over the years . At this age , and older no doubt, the attraction of being on the books of a PL club must be great to youngsters and parents , so many take that option rather than stay at a lower club.
The other aspect if they stay at a smaller club,break into the first team at 17/18 is what they do when a bigger club comes along ? For the outstanding prospects like Deli Ali they’re going to move upwards early , for others like some of our own Matty Foulds (Bury) , Dennis Adeniran ( Fulham); Bassala Sambou (Coventry) it’s a more difficult choice . None of these were “established” in their respective first teams equally none have progressed as much as originally hoped. But hopefully we have added to their ability to make a career in football.

Everton u23s - Leaders of the PL2 DIV 1 are in Premier League Last 16 cup Action home [At Southport] to PL2 DIV 2 Bottom team Sunderland u23s Tomorrow with a 2pm ko, Everton are hoping to make it to the Q/F'S,so far if at all its not on Youtube etc

So far LEEDS with 10men, the whole 2nd half and E/T WON 5-4 on pens v Fulham Thursday night,
On Friday - Forest, Newcastle, Burnley, Blackburn,and probably Swansea Joined them, That swansea v villa game was delayed an hour for security reasons and is 2-0 HT and is a reapeat of Last seasons final, With our game sat and the last Game sunday between Derby and Wolves to complete the last 8, On the plus side a few of these teams have showed there games this round as ive been watching them so maybe we may get on next round etc

-----------------------------------------------
Middlesbrough,the winners v Everton u18s in the Q/F, lost the Premier Leauge U18s Cup Final Thursday night,home as it was played at the Riverside,1-0 to Man City u18s,that game included a injury time sitter for city with the City player somehow hitting the ball over the bar from 2 yards out

------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile Everton u18s return to u18s League Action away to Bottom team West Brom tomorrow with an 11.30am ko, looking for Revenge after West Brom getting only there 2nd win in 16 v Everton u18s knocked them out the FA Youth Cup Q/F'S late last month,Everton are on a run of 4 league defeats from 5 games,or 5 league defeats from 7 league games or 6 defeats from 8 games all comps depending what way you want to view it,It will take a miracle it looks like for Everton u18s to win the league as there is 6 games left and Everton are 7 points off the top,but still have to play 2 of the current top 3,they are Liverpool u18s the end of the month and Man utd the last game,though Derby look like they may win it

Everton U18s Team away to west brom

Tyrer, Mckeown, Joe Anderson, Quirk, Hunt, Hughes, Carroll, Iversen, Dobbin, Adedoyin, Simms,
Subs Warrington, Zuk, Hosie, Barrett, Jonathan Anderson