2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really torn on him. On his day, as we have seen he can really dominate midfield but, as seen at Barca, needs to produce much more often. Need his early career form I suppose.

He’s good, but it’s just that we need a different type of player. He can hold the ball. Lovely. But he contributes nothing when we don’t have the ball. We need both.

He's fine

Not amazing but fine

That's about our level right now

If Barca are willing to sell him and don't try to fleece us, we could do worse

Sadly we aren't a big enough or rich enough club to bring in loads of ready made awesome players, so we have to either develop our own in house or take under performing ones from elsewhere and get them firing

Hopefully we get the right combination of the two categories that lets us kick on and be successful, at which point we can then go after top players with hopes of actually getting them

Imagine turning our noses up at a player of Gomes calibre. The lads had a very tough couple of years mentally, suffering depression can have a real negative effect on your life. He's shown what he's about pre Barcelona and in a winning Euro side with Portugal. get him back to his best and he will be a real asset.

We need to keep him just on the sex appeal alone

The fact that he’s an average footballer 60% of the time and an outrageous one 40% of the time means he will improve us massively

Even Ronaldo/messi would struggle in this squad.
I suspect if Ronaldo or Messi joined our team of lion hearts, both would become bog average players within 1-2 months

No one at the Echo actually watches football; they just regurgitate quotes and stats that any layperson could easily go and find for themselves online.

Watching Gana and Schneiderlin bat passes straight back to the centre-halves against Liverpool was a stark reminder of what Everton lack when Gomes doesn't play. He's an excellent footballer, and the fact that the jobbers at the Echo don't rate him only makes me like him all the more.

Despise our fanbase you know, some of our fans have this attitude where if you’re not world class you’re not good enough

WERE ABSOLUTELY CRAP FFS. And Gomes would be a much welcome permanent addition to our midfield
People want better players, so you despise them?

We’re absolutely crap because we have awful players. You don’t get better by signing average players.

What’s so hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.