• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe

Or maybe with some fresh faces and a bit of a culling things would be smoother

There's enough there to suggest he might still turn this around that I'm not calling for his head

Plus, I don't think he's getting sacked anyway, so we might as well just get behind him and the team at this stage and hope that Brands plays a blinder in the summer when it comes to player in-comings and outgoings

Regardless, there's no overnight fix for the mess we're in. This is going on five years of mismanagement at all levels of the club
If he has to buy a whole new starting 11 in order for us to see real progress then I'd argue he's not that great of a manager.

He's not really improved the players he inherited. Sigurdsson has had a more productive season in front of goal but that's about it.

I'm not saying there's an overnight fix but I've seen enough from Silva to have very little confidence in him being someone who can take us forward.

I agree that he won't be getting sacked and I'd bet anything that would be Moshiri's decision and not Brands.

I can't say you are wrong and if I was sacked today I wouldn't waste much energy debating against you on all that, but there's a flipside as always.

6 players who started that game were not his though and the backup from the squad is not very good.

There's still some benefit of the doubt to be given him considering what he is working with. That squad is still not right at all.

You'd have to say it's possible he can be less one dimensional, more tactically flexible if the squad refresh is a success in the summer.

I think the summer business won't change whether he is still boss or not.
Should we not expect managers to also improve some of the players they didn't buy themselves?

Or is the expectation now that in order to judge a manager we have to hand over the keys to the vaults and let them buy a new starting 11?

What better manager can we get? One that isn't a risk... a manager who would come and you would go "wow"?

I can't name one that would actually come to us. The re-building job that Brands/Silva have is massive, as was the change in culture from Large Samuel who infects every club he has ever managed... who ALL decline after he leaves. He was an absolute parasite who destroys players, lets not forget that.

My one worry about Brands and/or Silva is that they think a forward line of "DCL, Richardlison and Lookman" is anywhere near good enough to lead us next season. Yes they are (well 2 of them) are good players with potential, but we have needed a centre-forward for so long it is embarrassing. We have had 1 striker in the last 10 years... what is it with Everton and centre forwards?

Should we not expect managers to also improve some of the players they didn't buy themselves?

Or is the expectation now that in order to judge a manager we have to hand over the keys to the vaults and let them buy a new starting 11?

No, he should improve them. I'd say Keane has gone from an utter mess to ok. I think Gana looks better. DCL has made a contribution. But it's a fair point.

I guess I'm starting from the point of view of hating almost the entire squad so I'm not surprised he hasn't turned their apathy around. I'd like to see what he does with a full team and bench of players that he and us actually want to see in the shirt.

Maybe

Or maybe with some fresh faces and a bit of a culling things would be smoother

There's enough there to suggest he might still turn this around that I'm not calling for his head

Plus, I don't think he's getting sacked anyway, so we might as well just get behind him and the team at this stage and hope that Brands plays a blinder in the summer when it comes to player in-comings and outgoings

Regardless, there's no overnight fix for the mess we're in. This is going on five years of mismanagement at all levels of the club
Make that 6 or 7 to when Moyes left and it may take 5yrs to get us back to 2013
Great Scott !

If he has to buy a whole new starting 11 in order for us to see real progress then I'd argue he's not that great of a manager.

He's not really improved the players he inherited. Sigurdsson has had a more productive season in front of goal but that's about it.

I'm not saying there's an overnight fix but I've seen enough from Silva to have very little confidence in him being someone who can take us forward.

I agree that he won't be getting sacked and I'd bet anything that would be Moshiri's decision and not Brands.

I feel DCL has been better this season, as has Gana

I think we generally play a better style of football and we don't roll over for every top team we play

There's issues, of course there are, but there's been glimmers of hope as well

We've still got a chance to beat one of Arsenal, Chelsea or United at home, which would be a big feather in his cap. We came within inches of beating Liverpool and we played well at the Emirates for large periods of the game, ditto at Stamford Bridge. We broke down a stubborn Cardiff side on two occasions, rallied from a missed penalty to beat Fulham, annihilated Burnley away from home, overcame a dodgy ref to beat Bournemouth, stole a last minute equaliser against Watford with our backs against the wall, almost beat Wolves away from home with ten men. It hasn't all been doom and gloom, there have been moments where we've looked good, and if he could just consistently get us firing then we'd be a decent side

There's something there. He has something to him and he seems able to spot a player as well

I'm not ready to send him to Madame Guillotine just yet. Fair enough if you are, everyone sees things different at the end of the day

There are many in here that literally have no idea what they are watching and refuse to accept any sort of objective measure of performance. Clearly the squad is better in that it creates more chances, concedes fewer chances, the question is whether or not its enough. The most important stat is points and we’ve not been great. The change in style and tactics is pretty dramatic from last year and obviously many here don’t realize how bad we were last year. When you actually try and play you expose poor players or players that don’t fit such a drastic change in styles pretty quickly. We are obviously still a couple windows away.

Patronising much.

The problem with your 'change in style and tactics' argument falls on it's arse somewhat when you take into consideration the fact they proved at the start of the season they could play his way. We were a completely different footballing team from last year at the start and it all caved in and reverted to type.

So, statto, they can play his way but they're not. Confidence obviously is an issue but the rest is down to the manager.

Oh and everybody realiSed how bad we were last year, what a idiotic thing to say. get some stats out they'll help you sleep, the rest of us will watch with our eyes and make our judgement calls.

Everton have failed to beat any of the Premier League's current top nine sides this season.

Five of the Blues remaining eight matches this term are against sides in the top nine.

Predict these fixtures;

Chelsea (H)
West Ham (A)
Arsenal (H)
Fulham (A)
Man Utd (H)
Crystal Palace (A)
Burnley (H)
Spurs (A)

Then consider where Everton will likely finish this season.

If we hold him to a different standard than we did Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce, all of who he will have a worst record than - I'd like to know why.
the only reason we would keep him is because we couldn't afford to pay him off and get a another manager in ??

but what would that actually mean for us as a club??

Nah Martinez's first season was great

The issue was that he wasn't flexible to adapt once everyone sussed out his tactics, and that didn't happen until 14/15. That was the beginning of the end
Nah mate, Boxing day 2013 Vs Sunderland was the beginning of the end, but the exact date is neither here nor there, the time required to set it right is the big question...if it ever can be

Status
Not open for further replies.