What's the overall plan - manager and squad?

How long do we give the next guy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with a lot of that, but I'd also say it's not unreasonable to sack the manager first season if it's just not working. If it's very clear.....like I put in the first options...an actual relegation battle for example.

However it would be on the understanding another prospect is likely to come in to continue the work and that they will also need time. And allowance for the situation they've come into would be needed.

I think thats hyperbole personally, no offence intended a chara, we arent getting relegated.

If we look at successful managers it has taken a season to implement and achieve given the context of the club in the PL. Pep had the wobbles his first year, its taken Klopp two to challenge for title, Poch still hasnt won a trophy.

My fundamental point is it takes time to progress when you walk into a job. Its not a game of binning and signing, there are many assessment and nuances that need to be managed. Particularly in our case as we are probably the biggest basket case squad in the league in my opinion. I think its really that poorly designed on a number of levels.

Anyone expecting a quick or easy win, is drinking the Koolaide.

Last edited:
Do you think the time he’s been here with the mess he was left that we should be seeing improvement by now?

I see improvement sometimes then we just go back to being the Everton we all know! Is that the players or the manager?

I’d hope to see at least a little yes.

It’s both the players and the manager. For me if this manager can’t deal with these players then he’s not the right man for the job.

Sadly.

its both

but its the manager job to change the mentality and instil some confidence and fight.

unfortunatly we mirror silvas timid and strange demeanour
Has he had enough time to install this mentality? Maybe with a full season under his belt he will know the players who suit his style and can rely on.

Do you think the time he’s been here with the mess he was left that we should be seeing improvement by now?

I see improvement sometimes then we just go back to being the Everton we all know! Is that the players or the manager?

Id currently say 60/40 on the players. It's crucial we clear the deadwood in the summer and them see what kind of team and bench we can put out next season and what he does with those options. Him....or the next "gamble" if we do change up in the summer.

Has he had enough time to install this mentality? Maybe with a full season under his belt he will know the players who suit his style and can rely on.
how long do you think it takes??

OGS did it straight away at united. they are much more mentally positive now.

I don't think silva has it in his locker. all hes done is make the players weaker.

I think thats hyperbole personally, no offence intended a chara, we arent getting relegated.

If we look at successful managers it has taken a season to implement and achieve given the context of the club in the PL. Pep had the wobbles his first year, its taken Klopp two to challenge for title, Poch still hasnt won a trophy.

My fundamental point is it takes time to progress when you walk into a job. Its not a game of binning and signing, there are many assessment and nuances that need to be managed. Particularly in our case as we are probably the biggest basket case squad int he league, in my opinion, i think its really that poorly designed on a number of levels.

Anyoe expecting a quick or easy win, is drinking the Koolaide.

I said if Neil. I think you've read my post wrong.

I don't believe we are getting relegated anytime soon. It wasn't on the cards last season nor this season.

Id currently say 60/40 on the players. It's crucial we clear the deadwood in the summer and them see what kind of team and bench we can put out next season and what he does with those options. Him....or the next "gamble" if we do change up in the summer.
Unless we have a horrible end to the season then he’s here next season at least up to January, that gives him 18months and 3 transfer windows, for that’s the point to make the decision if he’s the right guy or not.

can someone please name me a premier league manager who has been given 2/3 years after regressing the team in their first year..

Status
Not open for further replies.