Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought last season was particularly bad, but this one has been worse because of the expectation. I thought we'd set ourselves up for a decent run
for the rest of the season after the last two matches, but this is actually the worst loss of them all. I'm still in shock.

Having slept on it I’ve concluded (again) that it’s an endemic issue at Everton. Our whole Club lacks confidence, mental fortitude, strength of character and balls. All basic requirements on which to build a solid platform. Until we have that we’ll continue to have “Everton that” moments on a regular basis.
Keep changing the manager won’t work, or if it does it’ll be temporary as a manager who polishes a turd becomes a sought after commodity from the other floaters with bigger rolls. For me, Marcel Brands needs to come out publically and say “ this is our strategy, this is the manager we want to implement it and it’s going to take time”.
Winners aren’t born overnight, and character needs to be built. We need one or two signings based on character...a couple of players who have the charisma and ability to energise the players around them and show them that basic togetherness and belief can get you a good way down the line. Finding these is Brands biggest task in my opinion...finding leaders who the others follow. We haven’t had one since Cahill.

Having slept on it I’ve concluded (again) that it’s an endemic issue at Everton. Our whole Club lacks confidence, mental fortitude, strength of character and balls. All basic requirements on which to build a solid platform. Until we have that we’ll continue to have “Everton that” moments on a regular basis.
Keep changing the manager won’t work, or if it does it’ll be temporary as a manager who polishes a turd becomes a sought after commodity from the other floaters with bigger rolls. For me, Marcel Brands needs to come out publically and say “ this is our strategy, this is the manager we want to implement it and it’s going to take time”.
Winners aren’t born overnight, and character needs to be built. We need one or two signings based on character...a couple of players who have the charisma and ability to energise the players around them and show them that basic togetherness and belief can get you a good way down the line. Finding these is Brands biggest task in my opinion...finding leaders who the others follow. We haven’t had one since Cahill.
we need a confident and strong leader at the very top of the club, as in the owner.

unfortunately we have ourselves an under cooked nugget

Just watching the goals back. Responsibility:
1st goal - Kenny - 5v2, gets drawn to the ball rather than tracking the man pulling of his shoulder. Pickford should have done better with the soft shot mind.
2nd goal - Pickford
3rd goal - Referee - clear offside. But Keane and Zuma as well, just look at them jogging back, Keane especially, with a dangerous ball dropping on the pen spot. Mina and Digne by comparison busting a gut to get back goalside (even thought they took each other out).

Just watching the goals back. Responsibility:
1st goal - Kenny - 5v2, gets drawn to the ball rather than tracking the man pulling of his shoulder. Pickford should have done better with the soft shot mind.
2nd goal - Pickford
3rd goal - Referee - clear offside. But Keane and Zuma as well, just look at them jogging back, Keane especially, with a dangerous ball dropping on the pen spot. Mina and Digne by comparison busting a gut to get back goalside (even thought they took each other out).
1st goal took a little deflection to be fair,2nd goal i would have liked Gomes to have put a tackle in on the build up,and 3rd is offside as we know, but sometimes Everton just want to make you give up with football as they are so bad and annoying at times

We made Ayoze Perez look good. Inexplicable.
And wouldnt you know it as well that yesterday was his 1st goal v us since he last scored in 2014 in a 3-2 win there last win v us,when we led that game as well and Cisse who should have been sent off for an elbow think i remember rightly made it 1-1 not long later,you could not make all this rubbish up with us lol

And wouldnt you know it as well that yesterday was his 1st goal v us since he last scored in 2014 in a 3-2 win there last win v us,when we led that game as well and Cisse who should have been sent off for an elbow think i remember rightly made it 1-1 not long later,you could not make all this rubbish up with us lol
They’ve closed the thread now but there used to be a “Ricky Van Wolfwinkle effect” thread on here which documented all the crazy stats and weird occurrences like that with us and it was actually crazy. Kenwyne Jones not scoring for a year, slotting against us then going another 40 odd weeks or something without scoring before slotting against us once again is a personal highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.