Match Thread Newcastle United v Everton, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Change in rules - defender behind him so he's not last in defense. That's the logic Mason used, but Mason is no Friend of Everton, so it's a really conflicting decision - apparently it wasn't a tackle, just a normal foul according to this logic.

I don't know anymore.

! It's not about whether he's last in defence. It was a wipeout by Pickford! If it was our forward I'd want their keeper sent off. Some bad decisions by Pickford BUT he wasn't the only one. 2 nil up WTF.

! It's not about whether he's last in defence. It was a wipeout by Pickford! If it was our forward I'd want their keeper sent off. Some bad decisions by Pickford BUT he wasn't the only one. 2 nil up WTF.
What I meant mate, just pointing out Mason's logic.

Was a great rugby tackle though. lol

Well, lucky us the season doesn't start in December then.

Are you not alarmed by our sustained relegation form since December?Are you not alarmed by Silva's sustained relegation form when he was at Watford?

We have more money coming into the club than ever before, there is simply no reason to continue with this utterly incompetent manager that should never have got the job in the first place!

We are just so average and bland. Still don't even know what type of team we are 30 games in to the season. Honestly we don't seem to have much of a plan, much of a style or much of an identity. We are just arsing about in mid table making up the numbers.

Calvert-Lewin just isn’t good enough, especially playing up front by himself. Why haven’t we got a decent striker yet? Walcott is way past it. Sigurdsson doesn’t express his playing ability enough for the player he is. Pickford makes far too many mistakes, although I do like him but beginning to lose confidence. We are out of all competitions and no chance of finishing in a Europa spot. Yet again another season where we are saying that this season is over prematurely. I’m not a guy who calls for the managers head after some bad results but I really didn’t want Silva to begin with I just don’t rate him and I’ve been open minded to him perhaps changing my mind but it hasn’t happened. They are good individuals but it’s a soulless team and we need big changes before fans start turning their back.

Are you not alarmed by our sustained relegation form since December?Are you not alarmed by Silva's sustained relegation form when he was at Watford?

We have more money coming into the club than ever before, there is simply no reason to continue with this utterly incompetent manager that should never have got the job in the first place!
Nor is it acceptable to continue with McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Keane (to an extent), JonJoe as a starter, Coleman's inconsistency, no genuinely good striker, no genuinely good attacking mid and so on.

But here we are.

Enough is enough and that today was a man who mad me bad decisions at the wrong time. Fair play to Newcastle for keeping going but we should never have lost this.
Agree entirely.

I’m all for giving managers time but something feels wrong about this now.

Now is the right time.

Seventh is out of reach. Relegation would be miraculous.

Leicester lined up a new manager and had him appointed within two days.

No need to allow Silva to drag us any lower down the league.
See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.