Iconic song for new stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope that on the approach to the new stadium, this line will be prominently displayed, either on the stadium or some wall.

I suspect that it might make a good sign on the exit from the player's tunnel and make a great impression on tv when they have the cameras in there. It'll please us the fans, annoy the rs, and let the neutrals know who run this town football wise.

Yeah I thought that too. Using bricks from the old stadium spell it out near the ground. Somewhere to get a picture like where the Emirates have those massive ARSENAL letters.

Yeah I thought that too. Using bricks from the old stadium spell it out near the ground. Somewhere to get a picture like where the Emirates have those massive ARSENAL letters.
Spell it out towards the river itself as well. Every photo of Liverpool's waterfront from the stadium going up until whenever will have it emblazoned across it.

Moving to a new stadium??? If we have a big new home end as detailed in the drawings we should have an iconic song. Lots of good songs about Everton throughout the years but with the move? I would hope that some blue can come up with an iconic song.

We hate that song that the RS sing but it is associated with them around the world. Hibs singing Sunshine on Leith sounds great. Would be great at the new stadium if there was a song like that ringing around the stadium.

Not a songsmith myself but I'm sure there is a blue who can adapt a song for us.
It should go...something, something, kopites, something, something, Royal Blue Mersey.
Any way you get the gist

To the tune up of we built this city rock and roll

We run this city
We run this site from Bradley Moore
We run this city
We run this site from Bradley Moore

Our neighbours hail from Oslo
We all hail from Liverpool 4
So just remember, we run this city
We run this city from Bradley Moore

Repeat continuously until the opposition score, then turn on one of our players and slaughter him for the and rest of the game.

Union City Blue by Blondie adapted but no mention of the shi-ite as they don't deserve any recognition at all.

Has to be anthemic and mean something to the city and globally recognised...

Like...
He ain't Heavy
She Loves Me
Hey Jude
Let it be - (renamed EvertonFC)

Only need to see what Ajax have done with Bob Marley's three little birds

Don't want nothing too somber or too disco

I think we should thank Tony Bellew for gifting us his ring arrival tune and stick with that.

Imagine a dark evening kick off, the whole new stadium lit up in blue, 62000 sit silently as the Sky cameras wait the blues entrance to their new stadium
and then them sirens blast out into the sky, you can hear them from the other side of OUR river followed by Z Cars and then that roar
- wetting my pants already!!!!!!!!!!

;):bye::cheers::dance::celebrate::pint2:

Needs searchlights too.

Status
Not open for further replies.