So you're now in charge. What would you do for the remaining games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take all their lockers off them. Make Siggurdsson cry daily. Teach players how to play this novel game called football. Reassign Big Dunc to steward duties.

Not pick the best available 11, including leaving better players out for technical reasons.

Match day I’d only sub like for like & don’t sub until we go behind.

Stick with zonal marking as it’s been a refreshing change.

Lastly I’d let the players keep control of the ball as much as possible & pass it around, but not bother about making runs towards goal and/or put crosses into the box to make the defenders think a bit.

My team would be.

Pickford
Kenny Keane Mina Digne
McCarthy Gomes
Lookman Bernard Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin

I would consider using Zouma at CB if he was going to be actively pursued as a permanent signing. If not he sits on the bench. Bernard is a number 10 but he would be deeper lying almost a 2nd 8. McCarthy instead of Gueye as he uses the ball better. Gueye, Walcott and Sigurdsson would be on the bench as they would still have opportunities to save their careers but they've had 27 games so its someone else's turn. Coleman is done its now whether Kenny is good enough to be a first or second choice needs games to prove this. DCL up front as Tosun isn't good enough and Richarlison isn't suited to the role yet. There are no youngsters in the u23s anywhere near so lets see what this lad can and cant do in the last 11 games. Lookman and Richarlison I would swap them round from time to time as they would both choose the left but one of them might actually be suited to the right.

Probably bin off the whole football thing and restructure us into another sport we can actually win at. I’m thinking poker.

Play 433 with a 6 (gana) and two 8's (Tom and gomes) and a tight front 3 of Bernard richarlison and lookman. Play jjk the rest of the season, throw zouma in the bin and play mina and switch back to man marking with a deeper line on set pieces so pickford can come off his line for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.