Zonal or Man-To-Man

• Zonal

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Man-To-Man

Votes: 236 86.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other part of this is our opponents will never accept they are beaten.... if Liverpool go 2 up, or city go 2 up or even teams like palace go 2 up their opponents lose morale..... our opponents know that just a couple of corners or free kicks could result in them drawing or winning.....

It was a moment similar to the one Martinez had when put through the ringer on sky sports to try and defend his taking risks at the back policy...

You learn a lot about the character of someone in those times.... strong people take stock of a situation... realise it isn't working.... put their ego to the back of the queue and adapt. Moyes to his credit did that in his 3rd season after his second season dip... he just didn't do it again when it mattered.

My issue is that these fellas don't have to balance their principles and ego with the need to pay their mortgage and other bills that we all need to pay. Where if our bosses say jump we jump high ... They can get sacked and be mega rich.... so thats where we are as a club..... our employees don't need to do what's right for the club. They care financially sorted.
Good points if he won’t take stock & get help then he needs to have a set peice coach forced upon him by brands or be given his marching orders. I’m willing to give him more time largely based on the fact that until we shift the near 750k a week wages of non contributing players then I don’t think any top manager would touch is with a barge pole.

The other part of this is our opponents will never accept they are beaten.... if Liverpool go 2 up, or city go 2 up or even teams like palace go 2 up their opponents lose morale..... our opponents know that just a couple of corners or free kicks could result in them drawing or winning.....

Thats why he has to go. He's another Martinez 110%

'Keano, Zoums and Mina, pick up the big lads. Everyone else pick a man and stick with him. If the ball comes your way, attack it with vigour. Pickers, wipe out everyone inside the 6 yard box to get to the ball'.

That's my faultless defensive team talk written in one minute, back to basics Marco lad.
The Keano attack with vigour bit made me spit out my coffee.

I haven't read the full thread, so I don't know how much emphasis has been placed on Pickford's role in the shambolic defending. As a spectator I don't trust him, and I would think his erratic decision-making affects those playing in front of him. He doesn't always come out when you expect him to, and scares the life out of you with his parries. Since we have nothing to play for I would be tempted to promote Virginia and make it clear to the CBs that it is their job to protect him and the goal. The added responsibility might give them a better focus.

It's such a basic part of the game I just don't see it not changing. He may well be right that it's largely mental at the moment. But one way to snap out of that is try a completely new method rather than tweaking the same stuff. I think we'll have a game out of the blue where it just works.

It's such a basic part of the game I just don't see it not changing. He may well be right that it's largely mental at the moment. But one way to snap out of that is try a completely new method rather than tweaking the same stuff. I think we'll have a game out of the blue where it just works.

If it's a mental issue, go back to basics and give each player a man to mark.

But he won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.