2018/19 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, one thing I really really dislike is the way long serving good players start getting turned on as they get older. It's quite disgusting in my eyes and unpleasant. They don't offer themselves contracts and they don't pick themselves. Nobody in their right mind would turn down a contract offer if given one.
Yep, I wrote this the day before the season started. Could see it coming a mile off.
Yeah, Coleman will no doubt be rubbing his hands with glee at taking over the mantle of 'player who gets dogs abuse for daring to no longer be as good as he used to be' now that Jags and Baines are being phased out.

Seems to be the new Phil Neville in terms of trying to Hype up players when we have a bad performance and you read something from a player the next day or so

You know they’re both captains ? Saying that you could be forgiven seeing as silva doesn’t believe in set pieces , defending or the captains armband , davies has actually wore it and it’s not unusual for us to have 3 captains in a single game

Hes not even a good captain either

Hard to shout and lead and direct people whe you’re not doing your own job. If he was giving me crap I’d tell him to [Poor language removed] up and learn how to pass forward and stop scoring own goals before he tells me what I should be doing

Hard to shout and lead and direct people whe you’re not doing your own job. If he was giving me crap I’d tell him to [Poor language removed] up and learn how to pass forward and stop scoring own goals before he tells me what I should be doing

I think you've got the nail on the head. An in form Coleman would have the balls to kick off but he's so out of form himself and so worried about his own performances it's had an effect on his leadership to the point he ain't doing any leading whatsoever

Every post match defeat he mentions the players underperforming and puts himself in that list. He knows he's way out of form but doesn't seem to be able to reverse the slide. That performance on his come back against Leicester feels a very very long time ago now

I think you've got the nail on the head. An in form Coleman would have the balls to kick off but he's so out of form himself and so worried about his own performances it's had an effect on his leadership to the point he ain't doing any leading whatsoever

Every post match defeat he mentions the players underperforming and puts himself in that list. He knows he's way out of form but doesn't seem to be able to reverse the slide. That performance on his come back against Leicester feels a very very long time ago now

Thats why the star players at clubs who dont seem to have great leadership ability tend to be picked as captains...they can perform under pressure and it encourages others.

Someone whose ability has waned really has no authority on the pitch aside from advising a young player...

Walcott is so poor but theres not much Coleman can say at the moment...he must be frustrated

Im not going to dig out coleman or baines. How fickle is that. Great servants and quality for 10 years. Sands of time are running out but you wont find me digging them out. Only thing i hope is that both dont get so long in the tooth that the performances tarnish the 10 years.
Keepie uppy Coleman is alas no more.
But he was a late starter, which may give him enough time left to get it back together. A good long rest...Quit the Internationals, a structured pre season and who knows

Keepie uppy Coleman is alas no more.
But he was a late starter, which may give him enough time left to get it back together. A good long rest...Quit the Internationals, a structured pre season and who knows

he'll never quit the internationals

edit- just realised that wolves full back Doherty is from ROI, and he is a far far better fullback than coleman, won't be long before coleman loses his place in the national side

Yeah, one thing I really really dislike is the way long serving good players start getting turned on as they get older. It's quite disgusting in my eyes and unpleasant. They don't offer themselves contracts and they don't pick themselves. Nobody in their right mind would turn down a contract offer if given one.
Its sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.