Everton fanbase - how to make a positive contribution to the team's success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course there are upsides. However the human psyche can be fragile irrespective of the money that's thrown at it. You cannot buy inner strength you have to learn it or be born with it. Undoubtedly some of the very best footballers have that strength. However, they're beyond the market we currently operate in. We might have some more skillfull players we all think will be world-beaters but nobody understands why they don't kick on. They're cheap enough for us for a reason, because those at the top clubs will be able to recognise and afford those players with mental strength. 'Winners' as they're called.

So I assume with your counter argument you think booing, just to indulge your own inner frustrations, will enhance the performance of others.

Stone me!
You assume wrong. I was just pointing out the ridiculousness of your argument not saying we should all boo. I don't boo at the games, but I do moan and groan. It's part and parcel really, you can't invest yourself in the game and be passionate without it working both ways. I could sit there passively and silently observe the game, or I can roar them on, sing and shout and encourage, but then be frustrated when it goes wrong. It's not really possible to get behind them relentlessly without ever letting your frustration out unless you're one of cheerleader types who's just there for the bantz and doesn't really care about the result.

Yes, when playing against us. They dont talk about us in songs about their own club, do they?

If they sang ‘blahblahblah you never walk alone, unless you stumble into the blue side of town’ or some garbage like that, it would be similar. Slagging us off with songs while plaing us isnt the same. I havent and never will read lyrics for any rs song, so I might be wrong here.
Yeah you're wrong, like I said. Not sure why you're arguing if you admit that you have no idea whether you're right or not but there we go.

This is literally the worst argument possible for this type of thing. Imagine being paid £80k every time you even think about picking up a pen. Imagine those same people roaring their appreciation every time you do the very simplest thing like put the kettle on. Imagine having the opportunity to be a hero to hundreds of thousands of people with your name remembered forever for just being relatively good at your job, pretty much just doing exactly what you get paid for. All of those things are the reality for footballers, you can't just isolate the downside without accepting that there are many more upsides.

I do kind of agree but mental health doesn't care how much money you have it's just a bit easier crying in your ferrari.

The only fans that don’t want City to beat us are Liverpool fans.

I totally get what you’re saying and normally I would agree with you, but the reaction to them winning the league would be torture. They still go on about Istanbul now and it was 14 years ago. Imagine 14 years from now and they’re still banging on about how they won the league, by then it will have embellished to them beating the best Premier League team in history. Doing it by playing the best football and that all the referees were against them for the season.

So there is nothing wrong with anyone who will be happy for us losing, to the only side that is capable of stopping this potential torture.
Basically saying your hate for Liverpool surpasses your love for Everton

We have to face up to the fact it is not just the booing, I'm sure they could handle the HT/FT round of displeasure after a defeat. It's the palpable sense of fear all round, right from the first minute as soon as a pass goes astray you can hear the groans and it kind of escalates from there. You can say that it is not really surprising when we do lose possession teams tear into us like a hot knife...after what seems like 5 minutes for us to get anywhere near their penalty area.

It is all chicken and egg so the team should revert to a shape where we are harder to beat, you need that stable platform and then slowly add the bells and whistles. That way both the crowd and team benefit.

We have to face up to the fact it is not just the booing, I'm sure they could handle the HT/FT round of displeasure after a defeat. It's the palpable sense of fear all round, right from the first minute as soon as a pass goes astray you can hear the groans and it kind of escalates from there. You can say that it is not really surprising when we do lose possession teams tear into us like a hot knife...after what seems like 5 minutes for us to get anywhere near their penalty area.

It is all chicken and egg so the team should revert to a shape where we are harder to beat, you need that stable platform and then slowly add the bells and whistles. That way both the crowd and team benefit.
Yep, that I agree with. It definitely doesn't help when people are screaming 'JUST GET IT IN THE BOX' when we're trying to play patient football and that type of thing.

The only fans that don’t want City to beat us are Liverpool fans.

I totally get what you’re saying and normally I would agree with you, but the reaction to them winning the league would be torture. They still go on about Istanbul now and it was 14 years ago. Imagine 14 years from now and they’re still banging on about how they won the league, by then it will have embellished to them beating the best Premier League team in history. Doing it by playing the best football and that all the referees were against them for the season.

So there is nothing wrong with anyone who will be happy for us losing, to the only side that is capable of stopping this potential torture.

'The only fans that don’t want City to beat us are Liverpool fans.' - better give up me season ticket and start practicing You'll Never Walk Alone'

If they win the league they win the league - nothing we as a club can do about it.
They are an unbearable bunch anyway, but you know what it's not my club.

They can goade all they want, if anything it should reaffirm support in our own club if we want out of there shadow.

For to long have our fans obsessed about them and its smalltime. Let them do what they do, and focus on ourselves a little.

I legitimately couldn't careless if they win the league -I'd hate it no questions- but right now they are rightly closer to it then us.

There is no success in there failings, there is no silver-lining to loosing a game, there is no papering over the cracks of our season because they failed.

With respect to ourselves Liverpool are years down the line, instead of hoping they stumble at our detriment use them as a waypoint to topple them. United toppled Liverpool, Spurs -minus a cup- have toppled Arsenal.

Every year the season starts from scratch so what if they win it.

The past is past- yes its good to look back but you've gotta build on it- we've gotta start making some history not wallowing in it.

I go the game wanting us to win - simple as that really.

Last edited:
Does anyone do this? So when we score they stand there booing while others clap?

Once again, another fabrication of the truth; that the fan blamers love to use.

The truth is, when the fans put the effort and desire in that is expected of a professional sportsman; the fans react. When they don’t, the fans don’t.

sure, let The Right To Boo be the hill you die on

You can boo all the way to League 1

This is literally the worst argument possible for this type of thing. Imagine being paid £80k every time you even think about picking up a pen. Imagine those same people roaring their appreciation every time you do the very simplest thing like put the kettle on. Imagine having the opportunity to be a hero to hundreds of thousands of people with your name remembered forever for just being relatively good at your job, pretty much just doing exactly what you get paid for. All of those things are the reality for footballers, you can't just isolate the downside without accepting that there are many more upsides.
But we get moaned at if we don't put the kettle on

Status
Not open for further replies.