A question to the most of the fans; Do you really think bringing a new manager would solve our problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributing is generous but I'll pay it. For whatever reason he doesn't rate Tosun.

The rest is hard to disagree with. We stooped to their level and even lower again. The ball was in the air for most of the game.

I don't recall saying he's misunderstood. I think if he shows he's willing to change certain aspects of his philosophy, then it's worth giving him the season to try and implement those changes. If he's too stubborn, then off he goes.
i haven't seen him change whatsoever.

he is and always will be a defensive liability style of coach

that doesn't wash in this league

I think we need a clear out of the back room staff including big dunc- they are the only common thread running through our failure of last3 or 4 years.

Now Martin O'Neill has been snapped up by another club there just is no point.

Who else, Rodgers? That would seem traitorous. Howe would seriously think twice before coming here and have a problem commanding our internationals. Brands would block the return of the Moyesiah. Anyone else would be a gamble and no doubt end the same way.

It's the players fault, said it time and again they are mercenaries that have been bought with the promise that we will be winning stuff (or at least being in Europe), they are fine until we start to lose games and then they collapse like a house of cards. We actually need to go back to buying decent championship players who are hungry and want to prove their talent and I don't mean the Lookman type that already think they are the finished article.

I am of course joking...well about MON, the rest of it is probably more true than I care to like.

the question is clear, if you think like this can you state below why? the squad we have is not good they are average at best and they are not giving enough effort. rome wasnt built in a day processes like this takes time in this window we got 2 quality players digne and richarlison after one more window if we get quality players like that we will be a top team sooner or later
Long time before we’re a top team again.

I didnt think he was the right guy to start with, havent seen anything to make me change my mind.
But, I don't advocate sacking him, any manager needs at least a year, and preferably 18 months to build a team, unless we were in a relegation fight, which we aren't.

I didnt think he was the right guy to start with, havent seen anything to make me change my mind.
But, I don't advocate sacking him, any manager needs at least a year, and preferably 18 months to build a team, unless we were in a relegation fight, which we aren't.

I see your point.But we do need to see an upturn, in both performances and results, for the rest of the season.Silva is under serious pressure now.We have fallen apart since the derby.So it's up to Silva now, to show he can turn it around.It's a big few months for him.

As I said in the other thread, its Steve Walsh's fault. He gutted the team and made some terrible signings. They got rid of him.

Brands/Silva signings have been good/decent. Richarlison, Digne, Gomes, Zouma, Bernard. They only overpaid for Richarlison. I suspect Marco will be given at least till the end of the season, if not till the end of 2019 after one more transfer window. Getting another 4 to 5 players in, he'll be able to have a team that's fully his.

Current manager isn't getting the best out of the squad but then neither have, what, 3 other managers, 4 including unsworth? Players have to step up and start doing the basics. You concede so many easy goals, and they are easy goals for the opposition, it doesn't matter what you do going forward. We've been the same side now since moyes left. To easy to score against, no grit and determination, bottle under pressure.

A different manager isn't going to change that, we either have to accept it's going to take time and recruit the right players or the players we've got take some responsibility while they're taking home their extortionate pay cheques every week for making us an embarrassment. For me the manager isn't the issue, if it was we would have seen a step change with any of the other 3 permanent managers we've had in the last 18 months.

A better question would be how many of the current everton squad deserve to play for the club? It ain't many for me.

The manager looks done, wrecked bereft of ideas and can't motivate the team.

Therefore he should go.

The players won't put a shift in, days gone by someone in the squad would step forward and lead, their would be serious recriminations in the dressing room, fights even, and the squad would pull together.

Unfortunately players are that mollycoddled and insulated it doesn't happen much now.

They just slope off to their mega homes and the manager gets sacked, it's brushed under the carpet till they down tools again under another mug.

Problem is you can't sack 25 players.

Players get off Scot free.

It's so sickening as we'll see more videos/pictures of them having a nice time in training laughing and joking this week.

When in reality they should have a miserable week getting absolutely beasted as punishment for that performance.

one of them will come forward to spout a load of cobblers about how they 'will make it up to the fans' when they clearly aren't bothered.

Mind you saying all the above, Silva is one dour mopey uninspiring wet blanket.

Sack him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.